Help- 60 cycle Hum - ground loop problem

Help,

I have a ground loop problem creating a 60 cycle hum in my system. I have been using "cheater" plugs on my components which eliminated the problem, but this is not the best long term solution.

Just this morning I decided to disconnect my TV cable from the source (i.e. where it enters the house) as advised by some savy folks on this site....poof like a miracle the hum vanished!

My question is there any type of filter I can install on my TV cable to solve this problem? Other suggestions? Thanks!
goose

Showing 1 response by pe3046

If you dont currently have any type of power conditioner or surge control in your system then you could use the monster HTS 1000 or higher power centres. These will break the loop and can be found on here or ebay for less than $100. I tried the mondial box but it did not do anything for improperly installed cable (if your cable is installed properly and you have a slight hum it will fix that) or you can try the radio shack balun method which I am sure someone else will post the parts to get (i did not try this because I was unsure of what it would do to my digital cable)

Patrick