Helmhotz resonators for audiophile at almost no cost and without calculus...

The importance to treat the room if you have speakers, even in nearfield listening like me, is imperative ...

Here is my advice: 

Buy some big  empty wine bottles, or drink them before, it is optional....Or use some carafes, the kind that some display at the center of a table....I use plastic  wrapping sheets to tightly seal the aperture of the bottles and the carafes after pouring in them around 10 % of water in their volume space...You must listen and experiment for your taste and room to determine the exact amount of water to boost the frequencies that will benefit….After that  I peirce the plastic sheet with a needle and I insert a  thin straw with only the extremity of the straw at the top...  That its! You know have an Helhmotz resonator... 

You now have one of the more astounding tweak for a room that will transform your listening space in sound heaven ...I use more than 15 of them in my little audio room and trust me that is one of a kind upgrading...

I wrote that for those who want to experiment, the others can stay silent...My best to all...
128x128mahgister
Very useful and astute observations...thanks very much  and my best to you….
For the moment my experiments were very conclusive with thin staw compress to half of their original diameter,not more than 2 or 3 inches long, inserted in the plastic wrapped sheet at the nozzle of my varied carafe,bottles,or 3 or 5 gallons plastic and glass container+ only a minimal volume of water 1 inches...The results are so great that I will wait a bit to replace all that, cost is almost nothing...The impact on sound was so great that any other upgrade is probably less an upgrade than that cheap resonators room’s tweak...This thread is only to inform the newcomers about that... I am thankful for any suggestion about improving that for sure...Thanks then to Ozzy for that...
The glass 500ml volumetric flasks work great. They are a bit more sensitive than the other containers I've used. Filling them 16% full (with cutting oil) while using a .140 hole an inch & a half in length.  I bought the flasks on amazon at 4 for $32. I believe individually they are around $10. Pretty cheap tweek indeed!
boxer12
Boxer how many flasks do you use? I beat you for the price, I use 20 containers, plastic, glass, wine refiner, carafe, 2 with 5 gallons volume 2 with 3 gallons, the others between 500 milliter and 1 liter...

The effects on the dynamic and clarity and bass depth are astounding...