Hegel H390 vs Krell Vanguard digital integrates amps

Hi Audio fans
Today I need community help me choose between these 3 integrate amps below:
1-Hegel H390 integrates amps.
2-Krell Vanguard digital integrate amps.
3-Krell K300i integrates amps ( newest version).

I just changing my whole new 2.1 stereo systems.I just bought new pairs of  Quad Z2 speakers.and I have good deals on 2 integrate amps above.Did someone’s have experience about these 3 amps and which one suite for my Quad speakers? Any though or suggestions?any different sound from these 3 amps?Thank you and have nice weekend.
128x128luckyrainbow63

Showing 7 responses by luckyrainbow63

I think I lean on Krell K300i digital version over Hegel H390.I have a chance to audiences Hegel h390 at friends house and I loved the sound crispy clear ,tight bass but not 3D and little bit darker sounds ...compare to my McIntosh MA252...I am confused now because many good amps for me to choose like I saw one brand new Mark levenson 585 for $6500 cash....which is a steal...Accuphase E650 brand new for $9 K.... hard to make decision...?
I want to thank you yyzsantabarbara for helping me very detail post above.it is very helpful for me Audio fan a lot.
yyzsantabarbara Help me one more time.I forgot to let people’s know that mine Quad Z2 speakers is 84-87 dB can handle power up to 200 watts.my speakers is not hign dB like other branch.so what type of integrate amps good for low dB ? I do like AHB2 that you recommended but it’s only 100 watts and I don’t like biamps due to tight space.I am eyeing on these amps below: 
1-Krell K300i (digital).
2- Mcintosh Ma352 ( I do love mine MA252 even it’s not neutral and little color sound).compare with Hegel H390 .
3.Mark Levenson 585 or 5805 
4-Accuphase E480 —E650.
your though?
@yyzsantabarbara after reading your’s review on yours’ Krell K300i .I am so exited with k300i and decided to get it.when will you will post yours K300i on sales? Is this black color which I preferred.I have a very good offer for brand new k300i (digital version)on sale for 7,200 is this good price? Did yours”s Unit plan to sell about that price range or below? I will follow your path way...do I need to buy AMT3SE for External DAC or just used internal dac from Krell is good enough? Which dac perfect pairs with K300i? AMT3SE or DAC3 (Benchmark)?
@yyzsantabarbara Would you do me a favor by please Test your 2 external Dac AMT3SE + Dac3 dgl side by side with yours’ Thiel CS3.7 speakers íntead of RaalHsa-1b head phones to see which Dac is good pairs with Krell K300i amps? I only trusted on yours review because you have own many physical hign end sources to test and do a review.much appreciate for yours efforts Yysantabarbara..
@yyzsantabarbara I just order Krell k3000i from Illinois (Chicago) and will arrived on next Wednesday.and I will test. Krell internal dac to see how good they’re.if not then I will followed yours path way to buy AMT2SE. @yyzsantabarbara in 1 to 10 scales.how many scale you gave Krell internal vs AMT2SE? I have no good source like AMT2SE to compare them.But I will compare them with Helge H390 and McIntosh MA252 amps.I appreciated you for good efforts to test them and provide very detailed each Item you have own.
Hi @yyzsantabarbara Mine Krell k300i just arrived and I just do set up last night.I do like the Krell very much.and I also have few problems with the Krell set up because it's a first time I own Krell equipment.first of all I hook up both hdmi from my oppo 103 to both krell hdmi on back and number 3 hdmi from krell hdmi (arc) out put  to my 60inches 4k tv.and I also connected analog interconnect from oppo 103 to s2 krell and plug in my mp3 usb (I collect now what I call music fr volume 1 to 65)to back oppo player. Everything seem right but there is problems is when I press krell remote changing to s2 (anolog)suddenly the sound out loud from both speakers very loud like you turn on maximum The volume. AndI I cannot turn down the volume down.I have to switched back to hdmi to turn volume down?that mean I can't control volumes on analog side (no matter u turn volume up or down is not working).have you got that problem?and problem #2 is if I plug in usb to front USB A on screen tell me usb disconnected?(may be krell didn't recognizing my usb.I have to take out usb and plug in back of my oppo players its work? Problem #3 when I turn on power on Krell k300i I hear a clip sound came out from my speakers .there's no clipping sound when turn on off on McIntosh ma252 or Hegel h390? You got same problems like me?
@yyzsantabarbara I just figured out to fixed by set the maximum volume level (from oppo player)on the analog audio out puts from max 100 to 50 and its works. But when I switched back and forth several time between s2(analog)to hdmi 1.its big clip sound from speakers and then the s2 silence no sound at all.but I still hear the clip sound every time I switched between s2 and hdmi mode even no sound from s2?I really don't know what happens to s2,(analog)?ang help?
@yyzsantabarbaraI  my Krell k300i is in break in period approximate 50-60 hrs so far.I don’t know it’s breaks in yet? But sound very good now.I liked it very much.I feel I am lucky to follow your path way without any regreted.I am still have small problems that I can’t used volumes control on krell remote when using s2 (analog) I set out put mode on oppo 103 to FIXED.the sound out louder and I can’t used volume + - on both remotes (krell +oppo).so I have to set out put mode on oppo to VARIABLES Then I can only used remote control volume on oppo only.(krell remote not work)krell remote only works with HDMI mode.There is no way you can control volume on analog mode with krell remote? And sound from s2(analog)is haft way small than hdmi mode? I turn volume knobs from hdmi mode by 20 = 40 in analog mode.Is this normally?I am not sure which dac I can used on s2 because krell +oppo both have internal DAC.so how do you recognize them?