Hegel H360 vs Separates

I currently own a Hegel H360 and I love it, but I can’t help but think I’m missing something by not having separate components. Since I’m very into the Hegel sound I was wondering if going to a P20 and H20 would be a worthwhile upgrade. The speakers being used are a Focal Sopra 1s.
chachi112

Showing 1 response by digilog5

I cannot say much on the H360 - only heard it on show rooms and it always shines. Couple of years ago I did try the H20 on its own and along the P20 preamp for about a week or so. I was mightly impressed by the H20 driving Magnepan 1.7. Not sure about the preamp which i think is pretty expensive for the features it gives. Perhaps it is a lateral move from the H360. However I have been told by dealers that the H20 uses higher spec parts than the integrated despite the lower power so that could explain why it sounded so polished. Some folks with the higher up model the H30 match it with tube pre’s. From memory the only thing that the P20/H20 combo didn’t quite achieve for me was a continuous 3d soundstage. However, as sound it was very very good, liquid and very deep and controlled bass. Perhaps with a tube pre it may have worked fine and gain some more soundstage. Little low input impedance though through the XLRs if thats important.