Hegel h300 or Krell S550i or Music Fidelity M6500i

Hegel h300 or Krell S550i or Music Fidelity M6500i, which one should I buy? no time for audition so will go for blind shot?
mjniz31
It really depends on a number of factors, for example what speakers are you using? Do you have a better dac then the one built into the Hegel.

Do you need the extra power of the Krell amplifier?

These are all good choices.
No experience with these integrated amps. You might help others help you by listing your speakers and the rest of the system. But, if you're buying one of these new, then with the Krell and MF you have the ability to hear them in your system and the ability to return if you don't achieve a good match and a pleasing sound. Good luck. System synergy is a slippery slope. Good luck.
First and foremost what speakers, room dimension, and music listened to. I've heard the Hegel...it really is great. I've not heard the Musical Fidelity but I've heard both of the smaller units. It is a best buy for power and good sound. I have not heard anything from Krell I would own as too antiseptic. It is clean, quiet and has balls, but is the least musical of the 3. Just my opinion. Hope it helps. Good luck.
Get the one with the most buttons and knobs or, conversely, the one with the least buttons and knobs. I think any new amp takes time to settle in (and you take time getting used to it) and unless you had all three for a long period of time you really can't predict the "fun factor," as that is too personal. Simply ignore the opinions of those who haven't heard the damn things and read the reviews...
Really appreciate you all the guys, I have oppo 105 and my speakers are Technics SB-A55.and also I have HSU VTF 15H sub.i want kind a kind of musical,rich, bright( no cheap brightness that creates fatigue), dynamic. I don't like dull and laid back sound.so integrated amp is good choice or I should go for the separates or I can use with oppo 105?.i am open for all the suggestions. thanks again and best wishes to all of you guys.
I'm not familiar with your speakers, but Technics really isn't known for producing great speakers as far as I know and these look like the typical 70s/80s Japanese low/mid-fi fare (i.e. cheap drivers in a cheap resonant box). I'd be looking to replace them first, then figure out which amp will best drive the new speakers. Sorry for being a bummer here, but spending some good dough on a good amp to drive these speakers is not something I would even consider. Then again, if these are somehow great speakers then I guess I'm just a snobby, arrogant ass. Best of luck.
Snobby, arrogant ass? Hardly!!! Now that the speakers have been identified and given the amp brands that the OP asked about, I'd have to say that you, Soix, get the Audiogon awards for both understatement and politeness!
If I read his post correctly, Soix doesn't know anything about the OP's loudspeaker, yet he still has an opinion about them.
I must really come to Soix's defense also. Not that he needs it. But in this case, he was trying awfully hard to be nice and not offend but sometimes the truth just hurts Brother...and you gotta tell it like it is.

What are trying to accomplish here Mjinz? Per your second post, you " want kind a kind of musical,rich, bright( no cheap brightness that creates fatigue), dynamic." So your going to use a 5K plus amp to drive a pair of speakers that I recently saw at Goodwill for 30 bucks? Good luck, it will never happen.

Soix is absolutely right - if you truly have the kind of coin to buy any of the three amps you mention, look at replacing your speakers first. Then come back and ask us about an amp that will properly drive them. We will be glad to help. You will then be on your way to achieving the kind of sound you describe in your sentence above.

If you are just trolling though, afraid you haven't fooled many and be on your way with your rack speakers.
This is funny, though, I do feel sorry for the op not knowing any better to post such a silly quest!
hi,I respect all of you guys,no body is arrogant ...etc.Actually in 1995 my brother gifted me that music system and was shipped from USA to my previous home country and now I live in USA since 2000, that my system is only in use when I go there for couple of months every year,so that system is still in their original boxes.Those Technics speakers are just like new even today.I know they are not B&Ws and I will replace them of course,Coz now I will buy a amp first (separates or Int. don't know), I have read all the reviews available for all of three amps but was curious to know an opinion for OP who really own them actually, that's why I put this post on Agon. I hope you guys understand. one thing I know that I love music with good sound system. take care bye.
All three integrateds are top notch. I would choose the Hegel but would consider the H200 if you don't need the DAC.
Out of the three, I would go for the Hegel due to such glowing reviews. Outside of that, I go with the one that weights the most and has most features which would accommodate your life style allowing you to grow into it.
Have MFA M6 500i(bought used from Don Better audio) paired with OPPO 105.I'm using Tylo reference monitor and Daber audio monitor 3.Sound's fine with the tylo,amazing with the monitor 3.I have also an peachtree Inova-excellent pairing with the tylo but not with the Daber.
its about matching components...