Hegel H30 or Bryston 7B3 monos

Looking for system synergy and absolute control of my Magico S5 Mk1. Currently using a Vinnie Rossi Lio Preamp (avc tubestage) and Levinson 512 cd/Sacd player.  The S5 seem to enjoy power and I want 3d sound with depth, wide soundstage and detail.  Currently have Levinson 436 monoblocks that are very good-clean sound, but I bought it when I was using a Levinson 326s preamp which I no longer have and I lost some of the magic they had together.  I like my Vinnie Rossi and have no plans of changing preamps.  I know Hegel is used at audio shows with Magicos and Hegel uses Magicos in their listening room, but I prefer Monoblocks and the Brystons are less expensive at this time (and Canadian made, and 20 warranty, and 600w each).  If I go the Hegel route I would have to buy one H30 now (use as stereo) and then save for a second H30.  Any help?
firefightingrob
If you're looking for slam and dynamics without sacrificing transparency, I suspect you won't be disappointed with the Hegel on your Magicos. I'm extremely happy with mine in these areas with my Raidhos. I'm using one in stereo mode, which provides 675 watts into 4 ohms. Hegel doesn't specify the output into 4 ohms with the monos, but I'd guess it's considerably more powerful than the stereo unit (contact Hegel and ask them). Of the stereo unit, Pacula at 6 moons says: "I don’t believe there are loudspeakers beyond the Hegel’s power capacity starting with the Franco Serblin Ktêma through the German Physiks HRS 120 Carbon to the Ascendo System ZF3 S.E. and Avalons ending with the Sonus Faber Elipsa and Stradivari". And Harley at TAS says, "I also had the feeling that the H30 had virtually unlimited power reserves." My previous amp was more powerful on paper, but the Hegel is more dynamic and adds more control.

A couple reviewers (including TAS) thought the stereo amp sounded better than the monos--I suppose that's up for debate. Schneider at Soundstage thought the depth was lacking a bit, but that was in comparison to the Luxman which excels there--but then again, Harley says, "the palpability of timbres and images toward the back of the soundstage was phenomenal." I guess everything is relative to what you're comparing to, but I haven't noticed any deficits in stage width or depth. On the contrary, I find the soundstage and image specificity seem generous and accurate.

I use a tube preamp, as you're planning to do, which I think is a good idea. Overall, the Hegel is the best amp I've heard in my system, doing a fabulous job balancing clarity and detail with ease and liquidity. I haven't heard the Bryston, so can't comment on the comparison.
Thank you Richards, awesome response from someone with  experience with the h30. I sent hegel an email about its 4ohm rating as a mono, no answer yet after 2 days.  im trying to avoid using a stereo amp as it would require new cables and selling my existing. 
I received an email from Hegel regarding the H30 ability to drive 4 ohm speakers.  His reply is they push about 2000 watts into 4ohm when used as a monoblocks.  

Hi Rob

Thanks for your email.

In 4 ohms about 2000watts.  

Med vennlig hilsen/Best regards

Hegel Music System AS

Fredrik Johnsen

[email protected]

Tlf: +47 22 60 56 60

Post removed