Hegel H20 vs. PS Audio BHK Signature 250 Stereo

Looking to downsize from Halo JC1 monos to a single chassis stereo amp in order to reduce occupied space; speakers are Dynaudio C4s & preamp is Pass XP20. Leaning towards the output bipolars in the Hegel vs. the MOSFETS used in the BHK.
All input greatly appreciated.
rost

Showing 2 responses by exron

Your looking for a really great stereo amp ?  Why not look into the Perreaux Prisma 350 ?  I just bought a brand new one and it's fantastic. First 10 watts class A   350 Wpc & 600 Wpc  into 8 and 4 ohms.  The amp weighs 66 lbs and two pairs of speaker binding post per channel.  It's very hard to beat this amp sound wise at the price and it can drive pretty much any speaker.  Best of luck.
I would also like to add that I did approximately 8 months of very hard research before I decided on the Perreaux. I was going back and forth between Class A/AB and Class D amps.  I was so close to actually purchasing a really good Class D mono amp when the dealer who sold them actually talked me out of it. This dealer was so honest that he just blew me away. He told me almost any Class AB amp will sound better in a high end 2 channel system and it's what I always believed anyway. So, as you might guess, I was after the high power because the speakers I own need it, and I wanted to get away from the high heat of Class A. The Perreaux fits the bill perfectly for me with it's cool running Class AB design. There's not to many stereo amps out there that puts out 600 watts into a 4 ohm load weighing in at 66 lbs and sounds this good with two pairs of speaker binding posts for easy bi-wiring,this is important to me, and sounds this good. You should check Perreaux out on their website, they have a lot of excellent products.