Hearing is believing?........power cables.......

For anyone who is skeptical about the difference a high quality power cord can make in your high quality audio system........try it.......hearing is believing. About 10 years ago when I bought my first "entry level" hifi system (B&K amp/preamp, Canton speakers) my audio advisor dropped off a Tara Labs Prism power cord. He said just try it for a week and if you don't think it makes a difference just return it. I, like most unfamiliar with high quality cables, was skeptical.......how could a cable 1 meter long from the wall to my equipment make a difference? I put it on the power amp and yes I could definitely tell there was a more defined bass and overall clearer soundscape. I'm a musicians, so I figured maybe the "non audiophile" can't hear the difference. So my brother-in-law who is a bricklayer came over and we did a blind listening test. I randomly switched the Tara, sometimes trying to fool him......told him I switched but didn't........he could tell every time I used the Tara! So I was convinced that it was "wishful thinking on my part or particularly sensitive ears. If you don't think a great power cable can make a difference........take the challenge. Try one for a week and see (hear) for yourself!
128x128mikeelzeysguitarstudio
Shadorne
@geoffkait

"Nothing I said is Strawman.

You say SOTA gear improves with better power cords. FACT

I do not contest that statement but ask is this acceptable from SOTA gear?

I ask if it is not reasonable to expect SOTA gear to work properly without special power cords? Or at least come with a suitable power cord in the first place (if it makes so much difference)?"

It’s a Strawman argument when you ask if SOTA gear works properly without a special power cord. Of course it works "properly." That’s not the issue. The issue is EVERYTHING can be improved. No matter how expensive. Better capacitors. Better resistors. Better internal damping. Vibration isolation. Shielding the transformer. Better fuse. Better power cords. Hel-loo! Have you been living in a cave for the last twenty years?

@geoffkait

Hel-loo! If as you say I live in a cave at least it is in the real world. You are living in a tin foil fantasy land. I hope you are delivering high quality coal to you local power station so that you can enjoy the improvement from burning better coal. Everything makes a difference you know!
@geoffkait -   Dunning-Kruger Realtors own that cave.   Very little light can penetrate.
be sure to replace the wiring in your house and get the utility to rewire back to the sub-station

Done, and Done!
Best $300K I ever spent!!!
Of course the last few feet can filter and smooth the power.
Flat-Earth crowd , most of whom seem to be rightwingnuts , hate truth with a passion .and reality even more .

About as intelligent as not using a water -filter because it doesn't reach back to the river .