Heard about the New 2003 Madrigal Warranty?

I just noticed something new on the Madrigal website (wasn't there a few days ago): New 2003 Warranty policy. They are not honoring transferred products anymore unless you got the used piece from a current Madrigal (or Proceed or Levinson) Dealer! I'm assuming this applies to 2003 purchased products and beyond. I don't think they can legally change the warranty on the products already out there. Anybody know anything about this? Any Dealers care to respond? Sounds like they are trying to kill the AudiogoN business. Too bad ..... I really felt that it was a huge selling point for Madrigal products. That really lowers their resale value.
mg123

Showing 1 response by v1rowt8

Mg123,

I cannot find anything indicating lack of warrantee transferrability on the Madrigal/Harmon Specialty Group website, or on the Mark Levinson or Revel web pages. Also, many here on Audiogon are still advertising gear for sale with the balance of the warrantee remaining.

Having said this, where did you see this? As for my sources, they are under the impression that warrantee is still transferrable, as it has been in the past.

Regarding this subject, concrete information would be appreciated by anyone in the know. Thanks in advance.