headphones-amp combination

I have been curious and following several headphones and amps on the net just to adquire some knowledge about them.
Now I decided I want to get a portable amp and a paor of headphones that match the same level of musicality of high end separated or tubes.
I am a novice in this field.
Thanks
Budget 1500.
128x128junglern
My best was Yamamoto HA-02 amp along with Sennheiser HD800. But just got my Stax SRM-007tII and SR-007MK2 setup. Blows the dynamic setup away... The Stax is so musical and delicate. The music sounds "alive" in my head. And it is addictive and I can't stop listening.
I bought the Mapletree Ear+ HD to go with Grado RS1i after reading countless threads about the synergy between a tube amp and lively cans.
Honestly, it's a perfect combination.
The amp lets me dabble in tubes too ... that's another story.
I have been putting together a second system based around headphones for a few years now settling on the Yamamoto HA-02 and HA-03 tube amps rated at .35 & 1.4 watts each, really like the Audeze  LCD 2f but a little heavy to be portable, love my Hifiman HE560s but not efficient enough to be portable, so enter the Hifiman Edition XV2s, wow these are the cans I am turning to 90% of the time and they are light and can be driven with a flea watt amp like my Yamamoto HA-02, although using these for home use these cans should be hard to beat for your intended use. FYI, there is a guy selling these new on another site for $899.00/retail $1,300.00. Did I mention how comfortable these are?