HEADPHONE CABLE

Hello all,
Not sure whether to put this in the headphone side, but this category gets much more action.

Anyway, I have a full loom of Audio Envy cables, power & IC.
They are really very, very good cables, regardless of price.

Yes, I have tried some much more expensive cables which have come up short compared to the AE.
And there are a few posts here on Agon that attest to this fact.

But I have not seen any posting regarding their headphone cable.
It is called ToneKraft.

One of my go to HP's is  a ZMF Auteur. It has the OFC cable from ZMF.
Sounding very good, of course.

So, I just ordered a Tonekraft cable for this HP.
Wondering, considering what a big difference the power & IC's made, how this cable might improve the HP sound quality.

I was wondering if anybody had experience with the ToneKraft HP cables & would care to share their thoughts.

I will post my impressions some time next month, once the cable is received and tuned in.

Kindest regards to all my AGon friends for a healthy & happy & much gentler 2021.
P.B.

128x128pastorbob

Showing 2 responses by jim204

Hi Bob I'm afraid I haven't heard the tonecraft cable but a month or so ago I had occasion to change the cable on my Sennheiser HD 800 phones as that was another manufacturers cable that went out. The Sennheiser cable is very thin and the outer cover seems very soft and thin. So being fed up  with this cable I decided to try another cable manufacturer this time Cardas. When it arrived I had an Initial moment of disappointment  as they were also thin but I did notice it was a fairly robust weave on them. So on to the sound when I put the new cables on the phones I wasn't expecting much for a week or so but I did listen to them straight away and I was not disappointed because my Senns. were now playing in a way I had not previously heard. Instead of just listening for a couple of minutes as I had meant to do I listened for about four hours going through the Beethoven String Quartets and most of his piano sonatas also. I really am glad I didn't buy yet another Sennheiser cable but got my Cardas , I am literally hearing things from my phones I have not heard before. I sincerely hope you get what I have experienced.  

Hi Bob,
The Cardas Cable that I got was Cardas Light XLR version and I think I made the right choice as after a month or so the cable has proved to be fast and very dynamic and the treble is so clear and detailed wilth no glare whatsoever.
Like you I am total headphone setup and Classical music only.
My equipment details are,

Heavily modded  PC for streaming Qobuz and playing my ripped CDs.
PS Audio Direct Stream Senior Dac.
Luxman P 750u Headphone amplifier.
Sennheiser HD 800 Phones.

I've only had my Luxman for 3 months or so and it has proved to be a stunning addition to my setup. I never had any qualms about moving to headphones only as I am hearing details from recordings that I have never heard before.
Have a happy new year and hopefully we can be rid of covid soon.