Headphone amp for Grado 125's ???

My "private, in the leather chair, by the fireplace, with a single malt scotch" listening station consists of Grado 125 headphones plugged directly into the headphone socket of a surprisingly good sounding Tivoli Model CD player (please don't laugh....it really sounds way better that I would have imagined). A RadioShack adapter fits in between the 1/4" plug of the Grados and the 1/8" socket of the Tivoli.
I'm willing to spend ~$200 to improve the quality of this nice little set-up.......What are your suggestions for a headphone amplifier, and would one really make an appreciable difference ? You can see from clicking on my "system" to see my main rig (in a different part of the house) to get an idea of how I like things to sound.
Thanks a lot.
adam18

Showing 1 response by tom_hankins

Stay away from the Singlepower amps. Do a search and see all the ripoffs and trouble his amps have caused. www.head-fi.org. he got me for $6K and i am lucky compared to some of his customers. i have recomended his products in the past but many things have gone wrong from poor build quality, dangerous materials, to out right theft.