having 24/192 WAV files and 24/192 capable DAC

via Coaxial input..but HOW do i play back those files? Is there any affordable music server or hard disc player that will allow me to play those files and output them to the coaxial input of my DAC?

if not, is there any alternative ?
Thanks in advance..i'm a newbie in digital playback.
jaytea

Showing 1 response by livingrigpa

I have a huge open reel collection (the pre-recorded from the manufacturer kind) that are highly collectable and wonderful to listen to. Unfortunately, father time is starting to turn some of them to krappe already even though it's only been 55 years or so since they were made. :shock:

My question is this: I want to archive these wonderful analog recordings to 24 bit 192 kz sampled dv-as (two channel.) I do not want them to be compressed at all in the process. I have an expensive Denon player that plays back 24/192 kz dvd-as and the owners manual says it will play back 24/192 recorded on dvd-r.

The Tascam 1000HD says it will record directly to dvd+/- RW and it will archive to dvd-r, but my gut tells me this expensive machine will archive in something less than 24/192 which I do not want. Even 24/96 will not do these analog treasures justice.

Does anybody know if I can get from my analog tape to a 24/192 dvd-r with this machine without compression? Will it play back the dvd+'- RW as an analog signal to my preamp and if so will it sound as good as an archived dvd-R through the more expensive playback unit? And if this will work for me, does anybody know where I can find a used Tascam 100HD at a reasoanble price (around $800 or so?)