Have you recently lost a close audiophile buddy? What has it taught you?

Man lost my closest audiophile buddy last year. It’s been tough. Audiophiles are different. We are a whole other breed. Taught me to enjoy the music and be thankful for what we do have!
calvinj
I remember david Baskin from design audio video in whitehouse Texas. He had Lou Gehrig’s disease.  He was dying but he had a speaker bucket list. He had raidho, solutions, accuphase, Sonus faber, Lumin, dynaudio. He had the best system I’ve ever heard in my life.  600k system. Home listening cottage in the back of his house.  Wow! He enjoyed his final 5 years listening to the best then he died. He and Charles were friends and little did I know they would both be gone within 10 months of each other. Audiophiles are different.  We are unique.  We are hard to replace.  
In memoriam for my good audiophile friend Harry.Britt of Old Greenwich, CT. Died Wednesday March 10, 1993. Age 47. He will be missed! Support your local suicide hotline!
The older we get, the more friends and family we lose. Keep them close while you have them. Death is permanent. 

Frank
Man y’all just enjoy the music sometimes we equipment chase too much. We have to enjoy the music and brotherhood. 
@oregonpapa - What, you don't believe in Audiophile Zombies?  I have seen them at some of the audio shows.  They're out there.