Have you experienced Mcintosh LS360?

My friend is trying to sell these piece of speakers to me, and I am not sure the main function of these speakers because I am looking for 2 channels (music listening only).

If you have owned these speakers, can you please tell me alittle about it.

My friend is selling me for $4000 where I can bargain alittle.

thanks all!
jakelee
I listened to both the LS340 and LS360's and I found the 360's to be a little tubby in the bass and the 340's a little light in the bass. They should have made a 350.
The tweeter array on the 360 seemed a little edgy at times as well. I run McIntosh gear in front end but I have never really like the McIntosh speakers. I would recommend requesting an in home demo period.
I've had mine about 3 years now. As with any speaker, they have their short comings but overall I'm extremely pleased with the speaker. Careful placement really as with all speakers is crucial. They can sound tubby in the bass as any speaker if they are place too close to the wall. Mine actually measure very well through the bass region being basically flat in my room from 60hz to 250z within a decible or 2. Below 60hz I have them crossed over to the Mcintosh PS112 sub and it is equalized with a Rane PE17. The lenght of my room caused a large peak at around 50 hz which the Rane PE17 has beautifully tamed. I especially love the tweeter array. It's very detailed and almost electrostat like. My room has acoutical treatments and the treble is smooth and relaxed. Compared to most speakers, the treble is actually rolled-off somewhat in it's extention but very detailed in it's presentation. Check the www.mcintoshlabs.com website for the Antony Cordesman review in The Perfect Vision. His conclusion are the same about the treble. The room in which a speaker is auditioned plays a large role in how any speaker sounds. Hard surfaces can make any speaker sound overly bright. I had been searching for a replacement for my PSB Stratus Gold(i) for about a year when I made the purchase. I really like the B&W N802 but wasn't too found of it's tweeter after hearing the JM Labs Electra line. I did love the midrange of the B&W though. What I was looking for was a speaker that had both qualities. The LS360 does. Also, I'd noticed that most ported speakers don't really do bass notes well. I attend a lot of live jazz and reggae concerts here in New Orleans so am very familiar with live sound. With most ported speakers, you can't hear pitch changes in the bass. My PSB were a prime example with ample bass but the bass was just not really "groovin" with those fast pitch changes. Martin Logan Prodigys had this quality because the bass unit is sealed but I didn't want an electrastat. The only ported speaker that I heard that could really do those fast pitch changes with drums and bass guitar lines was the LS360. Mcintosh claims it is because of what they call a low distortion/high out put driver which because of the low distortion allows you to hear bass pitch changes. I don't know. What I do know is that drums sound more like the real thing. When you audition the speakers, make sure to listen to the bass lines of some music with which you are familiar. Then try that on some other speakers and listen for the difference. I'd bet the the LS360 beats what ever you put it against in it's price range on bass pitch definition except the Martin Logans which are it's equal in that regard.