Have you ever tried a pair of speakers and said this Is the last thing I will ever need.

Hi Audiogoners have you you ever had a local dealer that is so pashonet about audio. That they let you bring in your system for fun and try a $10 000speakers. And you have been to every other local dealers shows and listened to $400 000 and above systems. And then tried a pair of speakers and had so much synergy with your budget system and said omg. This blows all other systems I heard for a fraction of the cost of most others? And have been always happy with that pair of speakers and your system for the rest of your life?

Please share your experience"
128x128jakecanada
Btw, I recently had my Altecs rebuilt: new accordion surround, woofer, spider, high frequency driver. Caps in the Mastering Lab crossovers replaced with Jensen foils. 

Made a difference, even though there was nothing wrong with anything, if judging just from appearance. 
Sound Labs. Maybe my vintage pair won’t last as long as something newer and the newer ones will be compatible with lower powered amps, but I sonically, I can’t ask for anything more. They leave all my prior speakers and most others I have heard in the dust and it usually isn’t that close. I could upgrade all other components many times over and I don’t think the Sound Labs would ever be a weak link.
Did you get the update offered a few years ago? It makes the speaker a lot easier to drive (and it sounds better, but that is likely because the amp isn't working so hard). 

(its also possible to modify the older crossovers pretty effectively and at very low cost; either way once done you can do with a 100 watt amp what used to take about 250 watts...)

My speakers at home are the Classic Audio Loudspeakers model T-3.3

They are 16 ohms and 98 db 1 watt/1 meter, with solid bandwidth from 20Hz (dual 15" Alnico magnet woofers) to 35KHz. The crossovers have 6db slopes and use Mundorf silver and gold foil capacitors. The midrange is handled by a custom compression driver that employs a beryllium diaphragm with a Kapton surround, mounted to a custom horn, electromagnetically powered. Its first breakup is at 35KHz; people often comment how "electrostatic" they seem as they are so fast and transparent, but I can drive them like crazy with only 60 watts.

These are some of the smoothest and most detailed speakers I've heard and some of the very few that with a single amplifier can get the bass right. They do all the things you want a speaker to do, and do it without the need for high power, although I find that in my room with my taste 60 watts is a lot more fun. I have a set of little 7-watt power amps based on the type 45 power tube but I really find that the extra power makes a pretty big difference. I like to play things in a lifelike manner and it takes a bit of power, finesse, dynamics and bandwidth to really get Wagner or Massive Attack really right. 
PBN Montana Loudspeakers - XPS on the way...

I said i would never upgrade from my pbn eps2's....but i did stay loyal to the company! PBN rocks, superlative sound transparency and dynamics are off the chart....would highly recommend to a very serious audiophile into both music and movies...