Have you ever hated the sound of your system one day, and loved it the next?

Last night I went to bed thinking my system was going down the tubes. This morning I loved it.
 Last night it sounded painfully bright and unbalanced.  This morning, on the same CDs, it sounded full and rich.
Now, I ask you, is it the system or me???
  I understand changes in electrical currents from the wall can play a part, but I have an expensive power conditioner.
 I was just wondering if this is a typical bugaboo among audiophiles.
128x128rvpiano
Yes, it happens to me. I’ve concluded its a human factor—fatigue or some of the other suggestions above. If I stay concerned more than a day, I play the two demo recordings I’ve used for 20 years when shopping or dialing in: Steely Dan’s Aja and Joe Henderson’s Lush Life. It never fails that I find everything’s still fine. Sweet relief. 
No, this is real, it happens to most of us and I have concluded there are two main contributing factors. 1. Source, quality varies from one media to another. 2. Finally all systems sound different depending on how long they have been left on. I have heard some systems sound better from a cold start where others sound much better the longer they are left on.
I think it’s you man...
Certain recordings have huge differences, but you mention same recordings.
I changed preamp tubes & noticed a huge difference...

stevizzy
Last evening the world outside my home was silent with 12” of freshly fallen heavy snow. It was so quiet 🤫 I could hear my breath freezing. The evening was audio magic so I stayed up until 3:00AM listening to recordings that never sounded so good.

>>>>>OK, The snow has stopped and melted most places. Did the audio magic disappear with the snow? Did you psych yourself out? You could hear your breath freezing? Were you sitting outside?