Have you ever been turned off by an Arrogant Dealer? Thoughts

I have and it's extremely disappointing 

calvinj

Have you ever been turned off by an Arrogant Dealer?

Arrogant dealer or arrogant anybody - why waste your time?  I know too many wonderful people at all levels of competance in all types of professions to spend time with someone who is simply going to irritate me.  

@ejr1953 ,

That is what many salespeople don't get. The high earners go for the obviously moneyed client and ignore anyone who looks like an average person.

I experienced it at Sound by Singer when they were on 8th Street. They let my very nice umbrella get taken by another 'customer', while doing business and just shrugged their shoulders when I told them what happened. I cancelled the transaction and let them know what I thought of them. Of course the reaction was a smirk and a shake of the head that let me know what a loser I was.

I swore off dealers for years. Then the internet allowed me to buy used directly.

It took more than 30 years for me to find a dealer that not only respected me, but understood me- Audioconnection.

Bob

I learned a valuable lesson long ago. A man walks in my office overalls with a hole in the knee driving an old truck.  Older gentleman walking slow and bent over.  Told me what he needed I said $2500. I said I will give him a payment plan. He said no need you fella. He raised his pant leg. Had a wad of cash on it. Peeled of 25 100 dollar bills smiled and walked out. That guy was the wealthiest guy in southern dallas. Owned 8 million in property alone and sn historic theater.  I learned that day that you must treat all people with respect regardless if you think they have money or not! 

I'm just saying point Blank. Just because you sell it don't mean you are the only one that knows about it and you never know when a person will splurge to pay for it 

dealers definetly make strong judgments fairly rapidly. The last dealer i went to I happened to drive my bmw m5 that day. I purposely parked it as far away as possible; i didnt see any cars in the front lot and didnt want attention so i parked in in the rear lot

Well, they saw it on camera and kept asking me about it. It’s a nice car but its not like its a McLaren. Didnt matter i was treated like a king.

I think a dealer will judge you right away by how your dressed, how serious you sound, what you drive, your age, ext

if you come in dressed like a slob and you say your "just looking" they may not like that very much and may come off to you as arrogant