Have you changed your mind about a brand? Was it you, or them?

I've changed my mind about many things.  Beer for instance.  Now I can really only drink IPAs and dark beers. Lagers?  Phooey.  This is very different than what I drank in my 20s though. 

Same for audio gear. 

So let me ask all of you, are there brands or equipment you've changed your mind about, for better or worse?  And if so, why?  It doesn't have to be a brand, it can be a TYPE or technology.

For instance, I used to love Ti and Be tweeters.  Now usually can't listen to them.

What about you?
erik_squires

Showing 1 response by ejr1953

I used to be a big B&W fan, had one stand mount after another, just before ordering a pair of their best stand mounts, attended an event at my then local audio dealer, where Totem was sponsoring the open bar, so I ventured into their room and was blown away by the Fire monitors.  I returned to the dealer for some quality time with both speakers, the Totems won "hands down".

I also used to be an NAD fan, had several of their amps, receivers, CD players and their Masters series components, but had more repairs on them than I could stand...now I know I'm going to get killed for this, but I switched to McIntosh.