Have l become unstable?

I’ve always had nice audiophile quality gear and now I’m considering moving to something that’s capable of giving me an “auditory triple-bypass” if so inclined; the ATC 40 SCMA active paired with my JL e-110 sub.  I’m mostly not a volume listener, but find Buddy Guy too polite through Manley Mahi monoblocks and Merlin monitors.  Will I lose the great micro detail, imaging and sound stage depth I enjoy now?

Thanks for contemplative input.

Naim UnitiServe, Naim DAC 1, Shunyata Valhalla digital cable, Manley Neo-Classic pre with upgraded tubes to include Takatsuki 300B, Mahi Mahi monoblocks with upgraded tubes, Decware cabling, Merlin Black Magic monitors on Sound Organisation massed stands.
celtic66
One relatively low $ way to “shove the envelope a bit” is improve your IMO excellent Unitiserve front end with HRS isolation, damping block and a Pardo LPS

works.... for me....

Yes ATC’s . But for Buddy Guy , you’re gonna need Polka Dots too! I’m envious, I can’t afford ATC . One of the most powerful , clean sounding shows I ever saw was Supertramp’s Crime of the Century Tour at the restored Warner’s Theatre in Fresno . I talked to a sound engineer and he said “ ATC”. I realize your not doing live music but it applies in this senereo. So if you go Gloss Black , get the white polka dots ! Cheers . 
@buellrider97  

+1 ATC. Supertramp. Pink Floyd. The Police. AC/DC. Mark Knopfler. Jethro Tull. More recently The Killers, Diana Krall, Jack White, The Rolling Stones, Tom Petty....
@celtic66 -- can you be more specific about what you mean by "too polite," and what parameters would you most like to improve upon over what you have now?  Thanks. 

soix,

I just need more dynamics.  I realize I could buy Manley Snappers and power the Merlins harder, but at the end of the day I need a speaker designed for more SPL on the occasion I want it.  BTW, the Merlins are terrific and do so much well.  Never any listening fatigue and they check so many of the boxes of resolution and soundstage.  That's all.  Ciao