Have l become unstable?

I’ve always had nice audiophile quality gear and now I’m considering moving to something that’s capable of giving me an “auditory triple-bypass” if so inclined; the ATC 40 SCMA active paired with my JL e-110 sub.  I’m mostly not a volume listener, but find Buddy Guy too polite through Manley Mahi monoblocks and Merlin monitors.  Will I lose the great micro detail, imaging and sound stage depth I enjoy now?

Thanks for contemplative input.

Naim UnitiServe, Naim DAC 1, Shunyata Valhalla digital cable, Manley Neo-Classic pre with upgraded tubes to include Takatsuki 300B, Mahi Mahi monoblocks with upgraded tubes, Decware cabling, Merlin Black Magic monitors on Sound Organisation massed stands.
celtic66
I can’t answer the question in the title of your thread, but the fact that you are deeply engaged in audiophile gear may be a sign of some form of psychopathy. (I’m not qualified to make those judgements).
As to the rest, I get it.
Can you audition some active monitors?
I’ve heard plenty of systems break through the barrier and they weren’t all of the same type, e.g. big dynamic speakers with lots of power, horns with tubes, etc.
I like that ’performer in the room’ character and listen to a lot of electric guitar recordings (mostly old very hard rock of the ’proto’ or post-psych type- (e.g. May Blitz, 2nd track first album on Vertigo Swirl- power trio with deranged guitar work- very visceral).
Love Buddy Guy, but the recordings are no substitute for hearing him live.
Favorite recording is his version of ’First Time I Met the Blues" from the "Chicago Blues" film soundtrack. Not a terribly good recording but that rendition--he’s recorded and played it many times- is bitter and biting like no other.
My only recommendation: don’t dump the gear you have ’til you’ve listened to what you think you want.

postscript observation: a lot of the audiophile attributes like ’imaging’ and ’soundstage’ seem beside the point when I listen to my horn-based system-- I get plenty of detail but the ’in the room’ character of delivery makes these other attributes almost irrelevant.
Post removed 
Post removed