Have any experience with Richard Gray power stuff?

Does anyone have experience with Richard Gray Power products? If so, what is your experience?

Thanks,

KF
128x128tok20000
I've had a RG Pole Pig with a Substation 400S plugged into it in my system for a little over a wek now on loan from a local dealer, Paul Lim of Imagine Hifi.

I've had to endure an annoying hum/buzz in my AC line since I upgraded my system to high-efficiency speakers and low power SET amps 3 years ago. It wasn't audible in the least with 90dB speakers, but at 97dB the buzz can be heard up to 3-4 feet from the speakers. Not too much at the listening position except faintly on late at night, but it is there.

I tried the DIY route with 2.4kVA Topaz Ultra-Isolator industrial isoaltion transformers wired in balanced power configuration - still there. One for amp, one for sources, one for good luck - still there.

Well, with the 400S plugged into the Pole Pig the line is very, very, close to dead silent. I have to stick my ear within 6 inches of the Fostex 168 Sigma single driver to hear a faint buzz. That's quite a difference.

So, does it make a difference? Yes, oddly it does change the overall sound. It's the classic situation of where you don't notice the influence of something until it is gone. Music, overall sounds better, quieter backgrounds which make the music stand out cleaner. Especially, soft passages.

The dealer told me it takes 2 days for the Grey products to work their best and if you unplug them, you have to wait that time all over again. So, I am going to leave the RG products plugged in and simply move my components, over to an outlet on the other side of the room a few times this weekend to compare/contrast.

I'll let you guys know how it turns out.
Well, Mr. Grey proved the Psychic is right. I was running my rig with a big ONEAC 220V/110V isolation transformer way before the "substation" came out...
I have used the Richard Gray stuff and it just added grain and closed in the system. I am using all Ayre equipment with Vandersteen 5A's. I think R/G has to be tried in your own system. It did not improve mine. Ayre is coming out with their own power conditioner. I'd be very interested in that one.