Have 300b MB want a killer pair of Hi-Eff speakers

Looking to fill a 12'X25' room with a speaker that will do justice down to 38hz. Speakers must work 5+ feet from the back wall. May try to integrate a sub down the road,stand or floor mounted ok. 50's & 60's Jazz and vocals my pref. Gota be able to do the left handed piano keys and acoustic bass. Thank you in advance for your recomends!
renmeister

Showing 2 responses by darkmoebius

Looking to fill a 12'X25' room with a speaker that will do justice down to 38hz.
minus what dB? How big? and how much money do you have to spend?

Because that is going to take a huge cabinet and/or horn to accomplish with any meaning output.
I don't know if this still holds true, but back in March Renmeister said he had
"an $8k budget for speakers give or take a thousand"
. But, he has an interesting criterion in that
...speaker that will do justice down to 38hz (AND) must work 5+ feet from the back wall.
I think, true 38Bhz performance, not -6dB or more down, without wall/boundary enhancement is pretty hard to do without lots of power(or really high efficiency), self-powered woofers, or fairly large horn-loading cabinets.

In case others are wondering, it seems Ren's latest reference point is Avantgarde Uno's which have a self-powered (250watt) dual 10", long throw, subwoofer cabinet in each speaker that covers 18 - 350 Hz.

Bass wise, that's a tough act to follow with 300B powered speakers placed 5+ feet away from the nearest wall.