Has the B&W S805 actually changed from N805?

I visited a B&W dealer yesterday to check out the new S805 speakers. I told him I currently have the N805s in my 2 channel system. He advised me not to upgrade because the S805 are "unchanged" from the N805s except for the cabinet veneer finishes. I challenged him about this (based on my understanding) he asked the store manager for clarification and the manager agreed and supported the sales associate. While I appreciate his avoidance of a sales pitch for a commission, his info seems inconsistent with the B&W web site and many comments from people here on Audiogon. Many previous posts here have stated the significant audible improvement of the sigs over the nautilus, please advise. Thanks in advance guys.
mijknarf

Showing 1 response by glai

Own both S&N 805s. S has upgraded tweeter for smoother and more extended high. The magnet of the woofer has increased in surface area for deeper base. The crossover is changed from 4th order to 1st order. According many European mags., the s805s are one of the best B&Ws. Listen to both and u'll see. Other standmount at this price: JMLab micro-utopia BE, Dynaudio 25th anniv..