Has anyone tried vibrapods with the Sony XA777ES

My surround system is complete! I wasn't going to do anymore tweaking, but for $6 a piece, I'll give it a try. It's a 45 pound unit. Anyone come up with a good configuration of pods both with regards to placement and mix of tensile strengths?
jdaniel18ee

Showing 1 response by davehrab

An effective vibration control program should address three basics areas. First, you should mass load (add weight) to the Sony to lower it's resonance frequency point, and defend against air born forces. It's harder to move a 40 pound object, than a 20 pound object. Bass notes can generate quite a bit of energy. Have you ever sat in someones home theater and had your pant's leg flutter around, when the sub went off. Second, you need to provide a drain for vibrations generated by the equipment's normal operation. Third, you need to somehow decouple the whole assembly to combat floor born vibes.

This is not an easy task, and no one product will do it all.

So.....

I too have had less than favorable results with Vibrapods.

Sorbathan prouducts can be tricky to set up. The catch is their resonate frequency point when loaded.

They will work wonderfully in decoupling up to their resonance frequency point, but below this point they actually lock up, and couple, which could send the vibrations back in the wrong direction.

Vibrapods must be loaded to their midpoint in order to gain the best results. This is what Vibrapod says, and I know they did their homework. So a 20 pound CD player will require four 10 pound (each) footers for a total capacity of 40 pounds.

In my system I had them under everything, amp, SSp, DVD and power conditioner. I also placed them between the upper and lower cabinets of my Von Schweikert VR4.5's. Bottom line (in my system) I felt they added too much bloat to the bottom and removed the slam, or viscerial impact.

YMMV If you try the Vibrapods, just remember to load them to their midpoint for best results.

Good Luck, Dave