Has anyone tried these stunning new CPT power cord?

Considering the many, many brands of power cords I've tried in my very well accomplished high-end system, I have never been so impacted by these Core Power Technology power cords. Within a very short period(15-20) minutes my system literally came alive. Soundstage opened wider and deeper. The background became dead silent, space between instruments and stage members were more focused and everything sounded cleaner and musical than ever. My highs had a glorious crispness and symbols shimmered. Midrange through my 2" horn became more dynamic and punchy. My 15" bass driver tightened and dug low with great control. My Rel G1 which is a fabulous sub on its own but with a CPT 150 on it is another story. Running high pass from my sub to my Audiozen Noah amplifier, music depth is just stunning. Lower end bass is authoritative and clean with solid grip and impact. 
   My experience with these power cords is truly magical. The scary part of the above is I only have one 150 on my sub and one 300 from my wall to my 6 outlet bar. I still need 3 more to complete my system. I could just imagine the level after that...In closing, I cannot emphasize enough to try one of these in your system. I CANNOT and WIIL NOT take these out as they are that good. But hold your jaw, cuz what you've been listening to will just become real after Core Power Technologies. 

Cheers....and let the tapping begin.......

128x128bacardi

Showing 50 responses by klh007

I didn't use any power conditioning before I tried an Equi=Core 300 and Matrix outlet strip, now I understand the need for these products. My system has blacker, quieter backgrounds, more subtle detail, wider & deeper soundstaging, a more relaxed presentation and ease of listening, with no reduction of dynamic contrasts. The price is very reasonable and significantly less than most other similar devices. 
       As I understand it, the E=Q takes the 120V line and using only a specially designed transformer, splits it into 2, 60V halves of opposite phases, drains the noise off to ground, and reconnects the halves for a quiet 120V output. I probably have part of the explanation wrong, but that is the gist of how it works, no fancy circuitry, just solid engineering and transformer wizardry. Maybe Mark can add some more information.
I gave Mark a call today to let him know that he needs to follow this thread. Both CPT & EP are so busy making & shipping product, there can be a short delay in a response, but Mark will respond. Check my earlier post for a brief take on how the E=Q cords work. CPT now has 1800 W and 1200W cords ready to go for those of you who wanted more current draw. You can use a WW Matrix AC outlet strip to allow for 6 AC cords to be plugged into one E=Q cord, your entire front end, and if you are using an efficient Class D amp ( EP 100.2SE, W4S, Red Dragon) perhaps the entire system.
Lak, Here is the link at Walter's site; http://www.underwoodhifi.com/products/equicore
It shows the prices for 1200 &1800 watt E=Qs.  For noise reduction, especially hum, these E=Q cords are very effective where other conditioners have not been. In my system, the background is quieter (blacker), soundstage is wider & deeper, and dynamics are not diminished, and my E=Q 300 is not leaving my system.
Mark just warned us about how big the 1200 & 1800 are, he forgot to mention their weights, 75 & 85 lbs respectively. Now those are beefy powercords!
yoby, Mark is traveling to and exhibiting in Newport for THE Show, allow some time for a response.
pennsy, and all, click the power=core button here; http://www.corepowertechnologies.com/home    and you will see Mark has a regenerator coming at $999 introductory pricing. It's only 300 watts, but they have 2 amps and a front end running on one prototype.
Congratulations Mark! The effectiveness of your balanced power delivered by Equi=Core cords is easily discernable, and with your larger units including duplex outlets built in, I think CPT will see wider use as entire systems can be connected to a single E=C unit.
Greg from Stereotimes  describes what I also hear, quieter background leads to wider dynamic contrasts, bigger/deeper soundstage, effortless listening.
Mark is under the weather after trying to attend RMAF and get the big E=Q units ready to ship. He will return all communication soon, he just needed a couple of days to recharge. Please be patient, he feels the weight of the unanswered calls & emails and will answer them soon.
Mark, maybe icorem wanted the physical size of the 1200/1800? The site lists the size of the big boys as 5" tall, 11.6" long and 11.6" deep.
The "Deep Core" has me intrigued as well, it may be a real game changer. I'm enjoying my E=Q 300, but the way owners are reacting to their new E=Q 1800s makes me really want to invest in one of those bad boys. The bigger 1800 would let me plug in all my gear, including my flat screen, and get the benefits of balanced power for all my equipment. 
Mark & Lynn's commitment to their customers goes beyond typical, they really care which can be rare today. CPT's product line is growing and they keep making unique kit that just works, I can't wait to see how good "Deep Core" will be.
Mark..could these pcs be used on an Apple iMac computer,,?.just wondering..Dave

Dave, I see 2 possibilities. 1) If you are using a strip like the Wire World which accepts the IEC male from the E=Q 300, you just plug the computer's power supply/cord into the strip. 2) If you have a 1200/1800 you just plug it directly in. It just takes an extra step in the smaller versions, adding a power strip, or just get one of the big boys.
t_ramey, CPT does offer a 30 day trial with a money back guarantee, it's offered but very seldom (almost never) utilized. 
Curious if anybody has replaced the Hubbel receptacles with anything like Furutech or if it's redundant. I currently use Furutech NCF receptacles everywhere and they are trying to lower the noise floor so I'm wondering if there would be further improvement with them installed in either the e=c 1200 or 1800.

t_ramsey, Check out tweekgeek.com for upgrades to the CPT kit.
Please do not forget that CPT is a small company just starting out, and they have hit a home run with their Equi=Core balanced power products. Mark has stated they won't ship unless the gear is ready, when their sub contractors make a mistake, the time line gets delayed, but the product sent out will be the correct reliable one as designed. Deep Core promises to be a game changer Grand Slam, but it is new from the ground up and production delays just happen to the best plans, a little patience please. In the last 90 days Mark and Lynn have closed production of EP speakers in Broomfield, and packed and shipped all drivers, enclosures, wire, components etc. to TX, which took an enormous toll physically and a substantial amount of time and energy which got diverted from CPT.  Mark has always been truthful to me in our dealings, and he serves his community, not the audio, but the real nearby community by giving his time by volunteering helping those who need assistance. Mark is a humble man working as hard as he can, doing the best he can, making products that really work and are a value by being affordable, thanks Mark. 
Mark, I'm happy to hear you're getting a little better each day! I bet you must be very busy with the sales success from AXPONA, don't over do it, we know your Doctor ordered you to take it easier, heed the advice.
Dave, Here is about all that has been posted about Deep Core, it should be spectacular;

The Deep core is a multi-function power conditioner that re-defines the category. The deep core is designed to not only provide clean, spur free power but it also allows the user to optimize the power delivery interface via a user adjustment. The optimization of the power delivery interface can significantly affect sound quality as the prime power source is a major contributor to attributes such as the noise floor and dynamic range of the system. The deep core can be used with almost any system configuration providing optimized power for both source components and power amplifiers. The deep core has the following major attributes;

·       An Input circuit that features a unique DC snubber which stops any DC , constant or transient, imposed upon the power lines from passing through the deep core and into the system. DC can saturate the transformers of source components and cause voltage fluctuations.

·       After the DC snubber the deep core has a complex common mode filter designed to suppress any RF signals that may be riding on the power lines. This RF energy can raise the noise floor and affect the total dynamic range of the system. The EMI filter is implemented with high quality magnetics that will not saturate under high current conditions

·       After the common mode filter a second EMI/RFI filter is implemented that further cleanses the power of unwanted out of band products. This additional filter includes integrated surge suppression to insure that no high voltage transients, such as the voltage from a lightning strike, will pass through the system

·       The last stage of the deep core contains the adjustable power delivery interface. This interface allows the user to optimize the power delivery to his or her system. This unique capability allows the power core performance to be optimized for each individual user case

The deep core should be connected directly to the desired components as it is the “final” word in power conditioning. Its unique ability to not only fully cleanse AC power sources of both DC and RF noise but to also optimize the power delivery is unique among competing products.

Further - I can say  that we like Deep Core IN FRONT OF the Equi=Core products. This is contrary to how I was using it in the beginning... this is MUCH BETTER IMHO...

Deep Core will be priced at $995 - talk to us about early adopter pricing.
Dave, I have your answer, and it's a good one, but I can't find your email address. I'm off to a DC HiFi Group meeting now, if you can find mine send me a message. When I get home tonight, I'll try to communicate with you.
A power cord from the wall to the Deep Core, another PC from the DC to the E=Q 1800, then PCs from 1800 to your components.
yoby, I was just asking myself the same question, can Deep Core be used with another conditioner? I don't have the answer, but when Mark has a free moment he will set us straight. 5560 I read the website and can't determine if a PC is included with the DC, when Mark gets a chance I'm sure he'll answer all your questions.
Thanks for clearing up those questions Mark. I think the info on the Deep Core being compatible with other power conditioners is a game changer. I'm sorry CPT had some initial shipping woes on the first round of Deep Core samples, once you have more out in the field it will be interesting to hear about reactions to the DC with E=Q Balanced and other power conditioners.
Mark is at the LA show and busy. Your comment about where the DC goes is a good one, and initially the CPT crew postulated the DC should go right before the component, and recommended that. However, in actual listening sessions the best location turned out to be in front of the E=Q? Mark will have more to say next week, and there have to be more DCs in the field with user reactions to draw more conclusions. I'm anxiously waiting on a DC to pair with my E=Q 1800 so I can chime in with my reactions.
Congratulations Mark on Anthony Kershaw's review of your E=Q 1800! Like most of us, he found the quietness and black background enticing, and there is no reduction in dynamics or musical energy to gain the quiet.
rilbr, The Core Power is doing AC conditioning different than almost everyone else. Bottom line is you get the benefits of blacker, quieter noise floor without the loss of dynamic excitement or musical energy. The additional benefits of improved soundstage, imaging specificity, and instrument separation are icing on the cake! Go to the CPT site, or read back in this thread for a more precise explanation of the E=Q balanced design. CPT has a generous trial policy, no risk, it's really worth giving one an audition.
ozzy, Mark has been at LAAS, Texas, and is helping Walter out adding even more phone time to his schedule, please let him catch a breath, I'm sure he will have more to say on DC shipments this week. 
kazuist,
The E=Q 300 is shown in the first page before the pricing, which also lists the E=Q models, 50,150, 300, 1200, and 1800. They all work the same with wattage ratings separating them, the 1200 and 1800 have a different form with outlets built in.
ozzy, No I'm not the spokesperson, just friends with Mark and enjoying CPT balanced power. Mark has been stretched too thin lately, and been traveling and filling in for Walter, I'm sure he and Lynn are enjoying a family Father's Day, and Monday morning he'll have time to be back posting updates on DC and the power regenerator.
grannyring also modded his Lyngdorf TDAI-2170 for the better, he just can't leave anything alone. LOL I believe Mike Garner of Tweek Geek was one of the very first to mod the E=Q cevices, upgraded wireing and recepticles.
Yes, let us know. I will be modding mine next week with....

- cork under the tranformer
- entire inside layered with constrained layer damping
- wrap the entire tranny with copper and EMI, RFI  blocking cloth tape
- Stillpoints ERS tape around the cable inside the unit
- nylon bolt and wooden top ring for tranny
- Furutech power cable on the side plugging into the gear

You beat me to it, I was going to suggest a nylon bolt, per Ric Shultz, but your latest post has it. What type of constrained layer damping are you applying?

Thanks Mark, for the updates on yourself and Deep Core. We all expect the procedures to be successful, and that you will be healthy again soon. We know you will update us with more information as soon as you feel up to posting and talking. Until then we will wait for you to feel better, especially excited about the release of the much anticipated Deep Core which promises to be a game changer.
 You have mentioned how big a breakthrough Deep Core is, and the ability to "tune" it to be a very synergistic improvement to a system, so we are anxious to hear a Deep Core in our own systems, and I'm betting it will have been worth the long wait. Have a successful meeting with Peter, survive your moves, and get well soon.
Mark, what a truly generous gesture for grannyring! I don't believe you will find many instances where a used, second hand, out of warranty product, gets the most expensive part replaced for free by the manufacturer. Thanks Mark for supplying an affordable balanced power conditioner, and offering over and above customer service to boot!
paul8060, Give Mark a call/text and ask about the Super Stroke cable. This cable is a real sleeper for around $100, and I'm pretty sure equal or better than the Pangea, you also have a trial period where you can return the cable, plus you can hook up 3 components for $300.

Mark is swamped with move related work, getting parts shuttled between temp shop and a couple of storage units is taking all his time, and energy. He's still recovering from his major migraine, and a surgery on his hand. He and Lynn are meeting must move by deadlines and have to transfer their entire shop, and their home to new locations simultaneously, a ton of work. I'm sure Mark will clear his VM and be in touch with all messages soon, your patience and understanding are appreciated.
I got a short message from Mark, he will be taking care of his phone/voicemail, and will have updates on shipping of E=Q and DC units later today. They have a temporary shop set up and are building units to clear back orders ASAP. Mark & Lynn have endured 4 moves so far, with 2 major ones to go in Mid September to a permanent location, it's no wonder they're exhausted.
I'm glad you and Lynn built and shipped a bunch of units this week, in difficult conditions and parts inventory not nearby, thanks for your dedication. I'm very relieved to hear your health has taken a turn for the better, looking forward to seeing you at RMAF.
I got in touch with Mark and have a Deep Core update, DCs are being made right now, because it's the first production run they are going slowly and carefully to avoid any mistakes, every unit will be tested before leaving, CPT appreciates the enormous patience DC buyers have shown, Mark expects shipments of DCs by the last week in October. Your long wait and understanding of Mark's health and location situations will be rewarded  soon. 
Mark will have time tomorrow to post news, and updates on E=Q and Deep Core production. Once again your patience is greatly appreciated, let's wait and see what news Mark has, I think it's good.
droleg and everyone else inquiring about Deep Core status, a couple of finished DC boards are being shipped to the designer for a final inspection from the production run, just to be sure the board, and components are per spec as a final quality control measure. The inspection should be done by end of the week and if all is OK shipments of DCs will begin next week direct from the factory. The waiting is just about over, your patience and understanding are once again appreciated, and once Deep Cores work their magic in your systems you will be smiling!
Mark's family experienced a tragedy last night and he's unavailable today. By Thursday we should have more information on E=Q and DC shipping status.
Mark's Son-In-Law was in a serious accident and remains in the hospital. Mark and Lynn are the support group and they are focusing all their energy supporting their family. They have been at the hospital or home sleeping, phones are off as they take care of their family. I'm hoping Mark will be back to work Monday and he can bring us all up to speed on all things CPT.