Has anyone NOT listened to their system for a long time?

As I went to the basement (i.e., listening room) the other day, I happened upon the Hem "Departure and Farewell" lp leaning up against the LSA Statement amp. I had been testing whether I could get rid of a slight distortion I was hearing through the VPI HW-19 Mk 4 turntable -- testing back in late August. 

I hadn't really made the time for any serious listening since then. Is this normal? I have two children - a 3- and a 5-year old, and a full time teaching job. So my evenings are filled and by 10 pm I'm ready for bed.

Has anyone else ever NOT listened to music via their system for a while? If so, why?
128x128simao
Post removed 
I am currently on my second self-imposed long-term break from my system and I HATE it! First time was for several months when we put our home up for sale. Boxed it all up and put in storage so as not to offend any potential buyers' delicate sensibilities. This time I've been away on business for two months, and likely two more, at least. Tearing out my hair as this time I don't even have access to my music, let alone my gear. UGH! 
Seriously, in a case where we have a music lover with a great sounding system and it does not get used, time to perhaps embrace modern technology rather than scorn it and consider all the options available these days for great sounding music anywhere anytime. Taking the plunge on digital streaming of music is the first step. The world is your oyster from there.
I do like to hear my music, but from time to time I am working abroad for a few months and even up to a year. For that I have used secundary systems with speakers like the legendary LS3/5a or now the Harbeth P3ESR, but restrictions on air travel luggage make taking these rather harder/more expensive. So recently I have used a Tivoli Radio Two, fed from my laptop (with a little Behringer UCA 202 DAC). It made me perfectly happy even if I was well aware of the sonic limitations.
Prior to retirement listening was restricted to weekends. Now it' unrestricted and my system plays 12 hours a day most days when I'm home. Critical, make me smile, listening occurs about 3 hours daily in the evening with a glass of spirit of choice for the day. I think that' what they meant when they wished me a happy retirement.