Has anyone NOT listened to their system for a long time?

As I went to the basement (i.e., listening room) the other day, I happened upon the Hem "Departure and Farewell" lp leaning up against the LSA Statement amp. I had been testing whether I could get rid of a slight distortion I was hearing through the VPI HW-19 Mk 4 turntable -- testing back in late August. 

I hadn't really made the time for any serious listening since then. Is this normal? I have two children - a 3- and a 5-year old, and a full time teaching job. So my evenings are filled and by 10 pm I'm ready for bed.

Has anyone else ever NOT listened to music via their system for a while? If so, why?
128x128simao
@mechans This is exactly how I feel (minus the neighbor influence)! I, too, am hesitant to add on to a system with a music streamer. Why, I don't know. Am I a reluctant old fart? Probably. My DAC has a USB input that I've used maybe once or twice from my laptop. Problem is, I simply don't have enough stored files - except on my phone and those are mp3's.

If I'm going to go into digital streaming, then I want a hi-res sound.
I guess I'm like everyone else. I have no child obligations, but I work, and sometimes I'll listen every night for 2 weeks in a row, and then skip a nigh or two because I fell asleep in front of the TV, or simply wasn't interested that night. Then there are 1 week lay-offs occasionally. Like another poster said, I don't let it worry me, I just go with the flow.
I dio notice that I have a spike in interest when I add a tweek or other upgrade to the system.
Wow all this talk about young kids and lack of being able to listen make me think of getting a vasectomy!!!!

These are the things that have competed with my listening lately.

Listening or watching to MSNBC’s entire evening of shows- lots of drama to catch up on.

A new Girlfriend - we listen to My system but it’s often background music when eating or engaging in other activities! (See my first comment)

I often like listening late at night but got a complaint after a particularly late and loud session so that has damped a bit of enthusiasm. (I recently rented out my next door unit to some young guys who’s system I hear - annoying EDM bass- but I don’t have the heart to tell them to turn it down since it only for an hour or two per day)

Recently I have gotten into pinball and bought an Addams Family pinball machine to play (and Do repairs on)

All that being said the system has never sounded better, so I really need to get back into it!
Post removed 
I am currently on my second self-imposed long-term break from my system and I HATE it! First time was for several months when we put our home up for sale. Boxed it all up and put in storage so as not to offend any potential buyers' delicate sensibilities. This time I've been away on business for two months, and likely two more, at least. Tearing out my hair as this time I don't even have access to my music, let alone my gear. UGH!