Has Anyone heard The Wadia 581i se CD player?

Any input and comments would be much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.
128x128tomer_tsin

Showing 3 responses by droberson

Yes, the 581se is a marvelous piece. It is the best Wadia product I have heard, and I've owned several (16, 270i,27, 861se). We discussed this extensively on another thread, but site admin has removed most of the posts and moved the thread it to the "Wadia Owners Club", and I have yet to discover the direct navigation to it.
Tomer,

I hope you enjoy your new 581se. Just like you, I tried to gather as much information as possible before making the decision. I was delighted with mine from the moment I played the first disc. The 581se sounded great right out of the box. The only downside I can think of is the cost of all the SACDs you'll now want to buy ;)
Stan, Hal, and I put a lot of posts on that other thread that would've helped here, but I suspect Stan is reluctant to invest the time if this thread will only be pruned too. Stan and I both had 861se's, and we both agree this unit is substantially better. The only caveat about the GNSC mod is a possible obstacle in the upgrade path to the 781 (if and when that happens).