Has anyone heard the new peachtree nova 150 ?

I would be connecting it to my Tannoy xt6f's . My other thought was the Marantz pm 8006. 
The Peachtree has more power and more connections. I have no Idea about current. Any
suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Other suggestions would be fine as long as they 
stay in the $1200.00 price range.
128x128jcb1957

Showing 1 response by memcdm

I purchased a Nova 150 yesterday and spent several hours today listening. From the first jazz track, I felt something just did not sound right.  Next, I set the Decca 2 right beside the Nova 150 and compared the sound using my "reference" recording from Telarc and Sheffield along with a few other favorites.  The speakers were my Monitor Audio Silver 8s.  The highs on the Nova were "splashy" and harsh, and the vocals seemed a bit veiled as well.  I asked my wife to listen to a few tracks going back and forth between the two units.  She picked the Decca 2 every time.  Also, the Nova 150 emitted a disturbing high frequency "tick" when I would shut it down. The Nova 4 has at least 4 times the power of the Decca so I just knew it would make my speakers really sing.  I am shocked and dismayed.  The Nova 150 did play a bit louder before clipping  but the sound was just not right.  For the record, the Decca 2 played pretty loud . . .louder that my usual listening levels. I own another integrated amp so I decided to give that one a  try.  The highs and mids sounded superior to the Nova 150  as well.  Perhaps there is a defect in the unit I purchased.  Strange!  I have no explanation for the difference in sound.  With a heavy heart, i will be returning the Nova 150 tomorrow.