Has anyone heard the 390s.....your thoughts?

Looking for feedback on the 390s from people who took the time to listen for more than one song. If so, what epuipment did you hear it with? What did you think?
vader007
I upgraded my 39 into a 390s. The 390s is more dynamic and colorful. I like it a lot. Relevant associated equipment include Pass Aleph 3 and Red Rose R3 speakers. There has been some discussion of the 390s in prior threads -- try a search.
Amazing player, destined to be an audio classic in my opinion. You get a 37 transport -- one of the best ever -- and now it's coupled with a killer DAC and analog section. Holographic, instruments and vocals have detail and body -- it's all there but not shoved in your face. Warning, it needs some break-in to reach full potential.
Thanks for the feedback, have either of you tried it direct to your amp? Hows the preamp/volume stage sound? Vader
What about the ML360s & 37 combination compared to sound quality of the 390s. Has anyone compared the sound?
"What about the ML360s & 37 combination compared to sound quality of the 390s. Has anyone compared the sound?"

While the No390S uses a newer DAC and one that is very good, remember that implementation is still just about everything and the No360S still outperforms the No390S by a significant margin...and this is confirmed !!

Matt
http://members.rogers.com/mzn50/