Has anyone had experiences good or bad with speaker isolation or isolation in general ?

hi
i have been enjoying buying and listening to hifi for some 35 years now and have seen many items come and go.I have also been interested in the audio cable discussions and i agree that cables do make a difference how much of a difference is a very individual, and a system dependent situation. There has been nothing that has got me so excited and improved the sound of my system that has ever made me want to really share it with fellow audiophiles until i started to try various isolation products.With so much choice from affordable to very expensive i found the hole subject very confusing and i did not know where to start. After trying lots of various products all shapes and sizes with very different results i decided to read reviews which is something i do not usually do to get some advise.I read a review on the Townshend audio seismic podiums they are isolation platforms that go under your speakers .This company is very famous for isolation ideas and have been around some 50 years based here in the UK they also had a factory in the USA back in the 1980s. I contacted Nick at Emporium hifi  and he agreed to install a pair for me so i could have a listen. My speakers are sound-lab dynastats which i use in quite a small room but with the adjustments give a nice sound. After installing the podiums we both sat down with jaws hitting the floor these podium things completely transformed the sound of my system to absolute perfection. After all this time trying various products under my equipment i have now isolated my speakers and the sound quality is exactly what i believe we all are chasing, my sound-labs are now transparent no more bass problems i have just got one big 3D sound stage the dynastats are now very open with deeper much better bass everything is perfect. I now believe isolating your loudspeakers is the first port of call i was so impressed by the Townshend audio seismic products i now sell them as i have never come across anything that has given my system such a great upgrade , the sound is the same as before but now its just so much better its playing deeper bass but tighter much more resolution and no boom , the midrange is so much more human sounding realistic and spacious with the top end so refined and perfect , is anyone using podiums and had the same experiences i would love to hear from you thank you john 
mains
  Audiopoint Robert,yes I do believe you are right,I always wanted to do that but they were a pricey item I forgot about and should have done soon after I bought the speakers.I wonder if there is a set made with interchangeable screw in mounts so they could be used on other speakers if I ever sold mine.
Hardness of audio cone materials. The numbers are on the Mohs scale of hardness where 10 is diamond, the hardest material. Notice how the hardness of these materials correlates with the relative effectiveness of various cones I posted yesterday in terms of sound quality improvement.

Lead 1.5
Carbon Fiber 2
Aluminum 2.5 - 3
Brass 3
Steel 4 - 4.5
Glass 5.5
Ceramic Tile 7
Hardened Steel 7-8
Tungsten 7.5
NASA grade ceramics DH Cones 9.5

http://hifipig.com/townshend-audio-engineering-seismic-speaker-bars/

Here is some interesting reading of the some Townshend Audio Seismic Speaker Bars for those that cannot stretch or accommodate the Podiums
Once you let them get a foothold in your house it can be very hard to get rid of them.

Post removed