Has anyone done this with a Bluesound Vault?

So I have a Bluesound Vault and I have been ripping CDs to it's internal 2tb HDD. My understanding is that the files are ripped as Flac files. So far, so good.

But I have a very big library of Aiff music files (500 gb) that were ripped for Itunes and are kept on a My Cloud HDD. I have played them with my Bluesound Node 2. 

So here is the question. Has anyone transferred any Aiff music files or other compatible music files ONTO
the HDD of the Vault from another HDD and played them just like the ripped files from the Bluesound Vault? I am assuming that if the metadata for the artwork is present for Bluesound to use and the files are readable for the vault it should be a quicker process of moving music files onto the Vault HDD rather than ripping those same CDs.
128x1282psyop
I’m about to go through a similar process with the vault and am wondering if a cache of music on my PC hard drive ripped using DB power amp can *simply* be added to the vault with metadata of course. Anyone try this?
Yes, I have done that. I felt it’s better with the files inside vault. You just need to re-index to get all the artwork.
Well I have successfully moved about 40 files (Albums) from a My Cloud hard drive to the Bluesound Vault using my Macbook Pro. The Vault has a rips section and a music section to the HDD. The files move to the music section. I followed this guide on my mac to get the IP address of the Vault.
https://support1.bluesound.com/hc/en-us/articles/200387457-Accessing-the-Bluesound-Vault-s-Internal-...
So far, so good. But I have not played the music yet. That will be next step.... stay tuned if interested.