Has anyone compared Rogue RP-7 to Cary SLP05 and / or Audio Research Ref 5se?

Currently using Rogue RP-7 and considering moving to either Cary SLP05 or Ref 5se.  Looking for a little mid range bloom.  

Thanks in advance for recommendations, comments, etc.

Equipment:

Rogue RP-7, AGD Audions, Bricasti M3, Joseph Audio Perspectives, Cardas Clear

testrun

he does say what tubes. I am on vacation or I would look it up.

Put this in your browser: the perfect sound garrett hongo

To be honest there are some enjoyable chapters sharing his enthusiasm and nearly out of control obsession for audio (I can relate to this). There are also some boring uninteresting recounts of his life and that of his fathers (yawn). Skipping that stuff it can be fun. 

As I recall Garrett had purchased a pre-owned Airtight ATM-2 amp.  He decided to use a pair of Tung Sol 6550’s in place of the Russian KT 88 pair the seller had included.  The 6550’s died on the first power up.  Apparently the problem was that the tubes couldn’t handle the start up voltage of that amp.  Replacing a fried resistor and the tubes solved the issue.

One of the least discussed underrated preamp is Wavac PR-Z2.

I am yet to hear a preamp as musically true and balanced as this. It has the tube greatness but with pristine clarity, accurate tones and almost perfect staging.

Thanks @garyalex  and @ghdprentice  . That does sound like an interesting read and that's also interesting about the KT88/6550 swap.  A while back ago I retubed my v12 via Jim McShane.  He steered me away from KT77s.