Has anyone compaired ProAc D15 to the 2.5?

There seems to be a split in the audio world as to witch is the superior speaker. Some say the new little D15 has surpassed the 2.5 others dissagree. I would like to hear feed back from any one with experience with either or preferably both of these speakers.
pepler

Showing 1 response by hifi1971

I used to own the 2.5 and now have the D15. In my system, the 2.5 was the more musical speaker. The D15 is more sensitive and is less placement sensitive, but the 2.5 had a richer and fuller sound. I sold the 2.5 because I went away to business school. I just purchased the D15 recently. The midrange of the D15 is a little more detailed than the 2.5, but the bass is not as satisfying. However, the D15 is a clear step above the 1.5. The 1.5 had a midrange that was sweet, but too forward. The D15 is much more neutral in that regards, and the bass is more defined as well. I suppose its a matter of taste. The 2.5 is more musical and the D15 is probably more accurate and images a bit better. Both are excellent speakers and have that wonderful ProAc sound.