Has anyone bought the Psvane Acme 300B Vacuum Tube?

These are on my radar but I really know little of them. I had contact once with a fella that re-tubed his VAC Renaissance 70/70 amp with them and said they made a big difference in a good way. It would take about $4K to re-tube my amp with these. I am not in a hurry, just doing research. I can have VAC re-tube it for less than half of this. I think tubes will last a very long time in my amp, especially after I get the MK III upgrade on this amp when I take it to VAC this October. I can also get Gold Lion PX300B tubes for half of this, any one use those? I've had this amp a long time, I plan on keeping it until the grave so I want to do this right their first time even if I have to be patient and wait to afford a re tube. I am retired so disposable income is vastly reduced. I am just thankful i have so many fine audio pieces to enjoy now that I bought many years ago when I could.

128x128fthompson251

Showing 1 response by david_ten

Please correct me if I have misunderstood what is being communicated in some of the above posts regarding 'resolution?'

In particular, I do not get how a specific tube can be "more resolving" (in the midrange... I presume) yet be simultaneously rolled off above and below (in the frequency range); in other words less resolved above and below.

I would agree with your assessment and understand what you mean by the Taks being more resolving. Sometimes there is just more there in the midrange, even if it means being more relaxed at the frequency extremes!