Has Anyone Auditioned an LKS MH-DA004 DAC?

Seems like a lot of DAC for the money.  ($1450-$1600)
melm
I would wager that every designer would always opt for a huge outboard supply, but the market wouldn't tolerate it.  I was talking to Peter Qvortrup of Audio Note about the CD 4.1x and he said he had to design it as a 1-box unit for the Japanese market because of space issues.  I think what you're saying about "well designed" is important, but no matter how well-designed, you can't do internally what you can do with a brute force outboard.  I think.  I know Linn has a "Brilliant" PS, but I don't know if it's internal or not.  I leave that to the engineers. 
jaybe,

Fair challenge. I was basing that statement on Ric Schultz’s comment in a recent phone conversation that he felt that the LKS 004 sounded better (to him and a customer) than a modded Yggdrasil DAC in a head-to-head listening comparison. Just a data point. I too would like to read real-life comparisons between the 004 and the DACS you mentioned and other well-established products in the higher price ranges.

Dave

I dont have it yet - The chip set had to be replaced by LKS, there was "noise".  Once I get it, hopefully by next week or so, I will let you know my thoughts!!

thanks