Has any heard the new McIntosh MA8900 integrated?

Hi everyone.  I wondering if anyone has heard one of these and compared it to the MA7900.  Seems like the same amp with the exception of minor cosmetic changes and the upgradable DAC.  The 7900 is much cheaper, so I'm hoping there's not much difference.  Would appreciate any observations out there.

Thanks!

Jeff

jeffp13
Demoing any of those at home is kind of unrealistic unless you buy from one of those internet direct places.   Buying blind is risky, that's why there are demo rooms in retail establishments.  

Perhaps the macintosh will improve once it's broken in.
Ive had it for a few weeks now.  I've been hoping for a miraculous change in sound quality, but I don't see that happening.  It makes me sad to listen to music now.  an expensive lesson indeed.  I'm giving it a month before I put it up for sale and search for a used Hegel.  

Sounds like the McIntosh is not a good match for your speakers. Try a different speaker output impedance port, 4 ohm vs. 8 ohm, regardless of the speakers nominal impedance as that made a big difference in my system with different Mac amplifier. Also try different power/speaker cables and see if that helps. Dull or lifeless is not commonly associated with McIntosh gear, especially their amplifiers.

I was going to suggest brighter sounding rca cables and speaker cables.  Nordost cables are known to be very open sounding I believe.  Does anyone know how long a Mac takes to burn in?