Harmonic Resolution Systems (HRS) Platforms

Folks,

I am having trouble justifying another $7,000 for the lowest priced HRS frame, to accommodate my expensive M3x Harmonic Resolution Systems platforms.......around $2,500 each. 

While I understand that the frame and the platforms work as a "system," I currently place the M3x platforms and nimbus couplers, on a low-cost salamander rack......with decent results.

Has anyone had good results using HRS platforms on a high quality solid wood rack......walnut for example?

This would save me about $4,000 if it works.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Labpro

128x128labpro

Showing 2 responses by tom6897

Stick with well constructed solid hardwood stands made from walnut, maple or birch. If needed you can always reinforce the underside of the shelving with Dynamat or sorbothane like adhesive contact paper. Personally I have had great success with the IKEA Lak table which is very thick MDF joined with strong heavy duty lag nuts and bolts. I have two joined together. Dead solid quiet without sucking out the dynamics and musicality from the system.
Don't let the low price fool you. The Lak tables are very sturdy and really perform way above their price point. They are also quite decor/ WAF friendly. I should also mention that I use the HRS dampening plates on top of my Amp, Pre and Sacd/CD player. I also find that the Nordost sort cones and Sort Fut work well in addition to 2" thick maple bases and Mapleshade brass heavy feet.