Hard Wireing?

Greetings,I have a Pioneer 74txvi which is hard wired to a connector that connects to a circuit board inside the receiver. The wire is 18ga. Can I upgrade to a say a 12ga.power cord,& would this cause any problem with the receiver? AMB Danmar
128x128danmar123

Showing 7 responses by danmar123

Thank you Gents. I am qualified to do all the work. i'm going to give it a try. I'll keep you informed. AMB Dan M.
Williewonka, I did a search for 14ga wire & came up empty. I'll have to go w/12ga which I'm sure will be fine. Should I ground the chassis of the receiver, or should I just let the ground float from the plug? AMB Dan M.
Zavato, I spoke first hand to the UNDERWRITER & your 100% correct. As in my goal for perfection, I ordered a strain relief (cable gland) & now searching for wire. Any suggestions will be much appreciated.
Hard wire update- Parts came in, had to run to the electrical warehouse for compression fitting drilled the hole to allow for the fitting, SCOTCH LOCKED, heat shrinked, put it all back, AND... Music is more defined & movies, well? I should let the cable break in, but there's an noticeable improvement already. Thanks to all! enjoy the Holidays. AMB Dan M.
Greetings: 48hrs. since the work was completed. Now I notice more define colors on HD cable. So I decided to drop in a movie, (Battleship) Holy sh*&t ! The sound opened up & the colors also were finer. Again AMB to all Dan M.