Harbeth P3 vs KEF LS50W

About to pull the trigger on ls50w but I'm also interested in a used pair of Harbeth 3 or maybe 7.. How would you compare them with ls50w?

I don't have any amp for the moment but if I decide and find the Harbeths, I would maybe look for a used LFD zero.. I live in an apartment, the living room is about 5 x 3.5m.

How does the ls50w sound with low volume playing?

Please give me all the details about these speakers!
philsons
Thank you so much for the mini review, very nice to read! It seems really that both speakers does a really good job.

My question though, was  ti compare the active version of the KEF speaker ls50W to the P3. I have an opertunity to listen to the KEFs soon, but the Harbeth is to long travel for me...
From other reviews I've read people who've heard both prefer the active version  if you do decide to go active check into the Airpulse model 1  as well.  I've been meaning to do a follow up review on these as I've owned them now for a little over a month but and these are just excellent all around speakers,,especially at their price point - over 1k less than the LS 50' with a 60 day money back guarantee and would imagine very close sonically as well.
I finally decided to go with a pair of used Harbeth P3esr.. Sound wise perhaps the Kef speakers is better for me, in my room etc, but I really am attracted towards the Harbeths, the design appeal to me, the KEFs colors I don't like at all. Of course sound comes first but the P3 I think isn't a bad speaker of all reviews I read and have experience with 30.1.

I also was thinking IF I do want to go with something different later on, I think I don't loose that much money on Harbeths.

Now I have to find a good amp to them and possible a DAC as well..
I noticed Rega has released an updated version of the Brio-r amp. Have you listened to it yet?

If you're going to do analog, I think the Croft is a nice choice for the P3.
Good choice!  I have had both the P3s and the KEF LS50 and far preferred the Harbeths.  Different sounds for sure, and I can see others preferring the KEF.  Any of the British integrated amps would be excellent with the Harbeths.
@fjn04 makes a great recommendation with Croft.  The Croft Phono Integrated would be a wonderful match (if you are ok with a volume control for each channel and no remote).  Many people like the Brio, but I can't comment on that as I haven't heard it.  Naim is always a good pairing with Harbeths - the 5i, 5i-2, or 5si (current model).  Exposure is another fine British brand that sometimes gets overlooked.

You're going to have a blast with the P3s.
Best, Scott