Harbeth comparison?

Hi all,
I’ve been using the Harbeth p3esr for years and enjoy them very much. I have tried the Compact 7s and preferred the boxless sound of the smaller P3. I have been seeing many M30.1s listed at very reasonable prices.
Has anyone compared both of these speakers and if so how do they compare?
I use the P3s in a 20x15x8 size room with a JL sub and Quicksilver 70 watt tube amps.
Thanks much!
128x128yogiboy
vsollozzo- Excellent write up. I enjoy my P3's quite a bit, and you have certainly wet my appetite. Cheers -Don
@vsollozzo
Thanks much for your comparison regarding the two Harbeths. I have a pair of M30s on their way to my house and should receive them this week.
 I have tried the Compact 7s and preferred the P3s over them. I have never had luck with ported speakers in my listening room but the proof will be in the pudding!
Thanks again,
Yogiboy

@fjn04  - Thanks Don, still enjoying the P3s myself. In their place in my house, they still rule supreme!

@yogiboy - Perfect! Try ’em on, see if they fit!

After my post last night I tried putting the P3s back in the main room to see what thoughts I could offer on the inverse, replacing the 30.1s with the P3s instead of the other way around. Yeah, no way I’m going back.

I was surprised at the degree to which I had got accustomed to the 30.1s. Kind of the opposite of when I switched out the P3s initially. Now the P3s sound atmospheric in that room, but small, like I want to pull them into the near field.

The 30.1s just have more body in the sound. They have more presence and a sense of corporeality to voices and bigger images. The density of sound in comparison is very noticeable.

Can’t wait to hear your thoughts man, keep us posted!