Hansen Prince: Dartzeel, Soulution or Boulder

Hi all,

I've recently bought a second hand pair of Hansen Prince to build a new system around. There are 3 pre-power amp combo's I'm considering to drive my Hansen. I'm only buying used equipment since new is completely out of my league so trying the equipment at home is a no go.

- Soulution 721/710
- Dartzeel NHB-108/NHB-18NS
- Boulder 2060/2010

All 3 combo's are very expensive. I've heard a few of the components (owned 1) but never with Hansen. Reason why I choose these 3 is that they have a proven record and also good resale value.

Which of the 3 do you think is the best match for the Hansen Prince V2 and why? I'm not interested in other brands or suggestions since opening the box again will lead to more indecisiveness from my side on what route to follow.

I listen to all sorts of music mainly classical (I love piano) and jazz, but occasionally to pop music.

Many thanks for your input.
hififreakk
Hi Hififreakk,
What was your amplifiers outcome eventually?
It will be most interesting to hear your conclusion.
Cheers!
Sorry, been silence or a long time. Below the answer :)

Actually bought the Soulution 710/721 combo. Didn't try Boulder so I can't compare. All I can say is that I'm extremely happy.

Stunning sound. Have to say that in all the forums people find the Soulution cold / neutral sounding.
Perhaps I like a neutral sound, but with my Hansen Prince I find the sound spectacular. Not finding it cold at all. Perhaps people have heard them at sub optimal show conditions or perhaps for a very short time, or maybe my ears are different :) not sure, but Soulution matches very well with Hansen

Still need to buy some better cables as that's my weak point in my set. Pretty cheap power cords and speaker cables. Somehow find it mentally harder to spend money on cables then electronics/speakers.

If that can bring it system to a even higher level I would be even more happy.

Cheers
Hififreakk
You got to change your thinking of IC and Cable, I know everyone have the same thought me too about spending crazy money on cables, i have change almost all my cables to Nordost Valhalla including PC. Spending over ten thousand $,
However, if someone can lend you one cable either speaker or IC to try probably you cannot resist to let it go. believe me. Your weak link might be just your cables, if there is any weak link at all. by changing my Harmonic to Valhalla i notice my krell is sounding better than before, bass is so natural and woody.
Csng1