Hales transcendence 8 tweeters

I just bought a pair of Hales transcendence 8 but missing both tweeters,I am aware that the original tweeters are not available and i need a recommendation want to replaced them with? Maybe someone can give me advice.Thanks
ejvic

Showing 5 responses by zd542

I don't know how many hours you have on them, but the new tweeters will need to break in. I would suggest 100-150 hours minimum before you judge them.
Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see how this can work unless you get very lucky. The speaker was designed with the original tweeter. There's a lot of variables to consider. The new tweeter may be more, or less sensitive, which would alter volume and frequency response. The xover may need to be adjusted. The box itself, may need to be modified.... Things like that, and possibly some others as well.
"But what are the options with no original tweeters anywhere? Myself and others have looked for a few years."

You're right, you have to do something. I just didn't think it would be as easy as putting some new tweeter in, and that's it. I figured there would be some work in getting it to sound right.
"07-26-14: Ejvic
I wonder what other speakers uses the same tweeter like the one in T8? any ideas."

I may be wrong, but I think Hales made their drivers in house.
"08-01-14: Timlub
Ejvic,
Once installed give them 40 to 60 hours before getting critical... the worst thing you would need is to change 1 or 2 resistors in your crossover, You will get these to blend quite well. I'll be glad to help with that if you can get the info from your crossover and do the work."

Do you think it would work if you put the resistor directly in the upper binding post like you do on Magnepans?