hair brained idea and a hello

I was wondering if anybody had any info for some hair brained idea i have.

Right now i have a project rpm 5.1 with the stamdard pearl needle, rollunning into an upgraded interal cambridge 640 with upgreated sound chips and high quality ports.

Now i cant evenenjoy rather bright sounding vinyl sound.

I was wondering if anyone has "daisy chained" for the lack of a better term a tube preamp and a solid state amp such as the cambridge.

I am interested in what kind of change i would get at all trying to daisy chain these amps or if somebody with more knowledge or experience then i, as im a mid 20 year old just getting into this whole audiophile side of enjoying vinyl.

-any reading, knowledge, anything would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jabbles180 (adam)
jabbles180

Showing 3 responses by jabbles180

Thanks for all the help guys. I have a feeling my speaker system is my low point right now.

My system is set up like this:

My RP project.rpm5.1 goes into the upgraded campridge 640p with the upgraded sound chips and this goes into a yamaha ysp-1.

I did this as that is what i had around for a sound system in the front room where the vinyl is listened to the most.(plus allowing for the other inputs)

If im getting my information right the sound board on the ysp-1 is becoming my amp nullifying an added tube amp.

So, in order to marry this cambridge 640p and a tube amp i am guessing i have to dedicate a new speaker system to allow the pre amp and amp to get the sound im wanting wantingspecifically for the record player.

The warmth of the tube would be killed by the sound processor of the ysp-1, is this the correct thinking? Or, is my chain of equipment incorrect?
@aceman: that's my dilemma.i think it might be time to either scrap the ysp-1 for the records. Or start piecing a completely new system. As i see no audio outs on the ysp-1 and pulling audio from my pioneer receivers audio out into the ysp-1 is creating sound lag i can seem to fix.

And yes the cambridge 640p is a solid state phono pre amp
@Swampwalker my budget is next to none.

I should have about 1000 extra when when my tax return shows up on the 18th.

Idk if this helps at all or not but i do ave have a spare pioneer vsx-1015tx-k receiver. With some crap speakers.

I wouldnt mind piecing together the system. I have the TT and cart i like, i like my preamp. Just everything passed that.