Hafler/NAD combo

Hope this question is not too vague,but would a Hafler 220 with a vintage NAD 3020 as my preamp be a better alternative compared to the NAD integrated only.
john421

Showing 3 responses by zd542

If you already have the 2 pieces, why would you ask for opinions on how they sound? First hand experience is better than 3rd party opinions.
"The NAD has enough power to drive most speakers so was wondering if some thought the Hafler was not needed.Then again I've read that the NAD preamp section works much better using only it's preamp section.Sorry if the question is irrelevant to some!"

I guess you're right. Why try components you already own in your own system? Its always better to get advice from complete strangers and vintage magazine articles.

What if someone else asked the same exact question? Would you reply stating that you have the same components and was hoping that someone else could tell you how they sound too? Your question is not irrelevant, its absurd.
"Zd542,please allow more mature and understanding people to answer."

Sorry about that. I just unlocked this thread so other people can now post.

Since you're the only one here who has listened to the combo, what's your take on how well the 2 work together?