Hafler 9130 Right Input RCA loose... How do I access this?

I purchased a 9130 and didn't realize until too late that the right channel input RCA is loose. It still plays but it pushes in when I connect a cable to it and cuts out from time to time and I have to 'jiggle' it. 

I removed the top panel and it looks like the inputs are underneath the main circuit board. It looks like there is not a bottom access panel or I just can't figure out how it comes off.

I am new here but have seen posts from a couple years ago where techs familiar with this amp were very helpful. Hoping they are still around. I'm not a technician but I can recognize the various components, etc. Any help would be greatly appreciated.


Showing 1 response by rodman99999

Look at the PC board, directly above the RCAs (either side of the stereo/mono switch, behind/under the two, yellow, metalized Mylar caps).    Examine the solder through-holes (solder points) for the RCAs (there should be three each) and look for cracks, in the board.      If everything still looks secure, the jack itself may be broken.    If not: re-solder, or repair the board, as necessary (ie: solder/jumper the trace and Superglue or epoxy any crack).       If the RCA needs replacement: the board has to come loose.  That will require detaching the output transistors from the heat sinks, a few mount screws and unplugging that connector between the power supply caps.     Remember to refresh the heat sink compound, during reassembly.   I've replaced the RCAs in a few Haflers and other manufacturers' equipment, with these:  (https://www.wbt.de/english/products/a/Detailansicht/Artikel/topline-cinchbuchse-3.html), though: I can't swear they will fit the 9130.