Hafler 220a

Anyone familiar with this amp? Is this essentially a 220 or really a new model.

I ask for two reasons. I used to own a Hafler DH 200 and liked the sound, so I am thinking of getting another with an eye toward modding in the future. However, and this brings up the second point, I am somewhat skeptical about 'newer' hafler amps. It seems like these are really geared toward a professional setting or even musicians. This worries me because very often the amp sound for a HT and the amp a musician uses at a gig is really a different beast (or so I understand). So I really have no interest in something that is essentially a pretty Peavey, I would be very interested in a version of the original 220.

I checked the forum records and it seems that no one has ever written about this amp before. So hopefully this isn't a dead subject.
aewhistory

Showing 1 response by jedinite24

Did the Hafler 220a amps come with a face plate and rack handles? On another popular auction site I saw a Hafler DH-220 with the 220a on a face plate with rack handles. This face plate didn't look like the add-ons I've seen previously where the face plate and rack handles got screwed on.

I enjoyed the following Hafler amps: DH-220, XL-280, and DH-500.

The later one I really want to try is the Hafler 9505.