Hadcock tonearms on a Technics SL1210

For those following my trek in turntable, tonearm and cartridge land (and those who might be interested)- I have bought a Technics direct drive SL1210 turntable.
I am still exploring my tonearm options, but I will be going with the Ortofon 2M Black as my cartridge of choice.
The Hadcock was a tonearm I was originally considering for my Nottingham TT. In what is perhaps a first (hehe), I'm looking the possibility of fitting either a Hadcock 224 (the long one) or a 242 (the shorter one) to the Technics SL1210. A UK company selling through E-Bay makes a high quality plate that can be cut for a Hadcock tonearm. A friend of mine gave me one of their plates that was designed to fit a Rega arm- they are very nicely machined.
Anyway, I was also thinking of going all-out and getting the longer of the two Hadcock arms (the 242 as opposed to the shorter 228).
Anyone know if a Hadcock of either length would 'fit' onto the Technics- especially when considering getting the right distance from pivot point to spindle, clearance for the TT lid and other geometry issues? Here are the Specs for both of the arms:

HADCOCK 242
Mounting Hole Diameter 3/8" (15.87mm)
Overall Length 12.10" (307.34mm)
Height 1.70" - 3.5" (43mm - 90mm)
Pivot Stem Length to Top of Arm 3.4" (86.4mm)
Pivot to Stylus Point 9.0" (228.6mm)
Pivot To Centre of Turntable 8.36" (212.85mm)
Offset Angle 23°
Rear Overhang 2.40" (60.9mm) maximum
Headshell Mounting 0.50" (12.7mm) centres
Cartridge Mass 3 - 12g

HADCOCK 228
Overall Length 12.0" (304.8mm)
Pivot to Stylus Point 9.0" (228.6mm)
Pivot To Centre of Turntable 8.36" (212.85mm)
Offset Angle 23°
Rear Overhang 2.40" (60.9mm) maximum
Cartridge Mass 3 - 12g.
dsa
I think the Bluenote line of unipivot arms and the Roksan Nima unipivot have the Rega geometry so they could easily be mounted on a Technics table with the readily available mounting plates. I don't have any experience with these arms but I just thought I'd through this out there as I was looking not to long ago for a Rega mount unipivot for my turntable.

Cheers,
Jim
A poster (Cmk) suggested a Schroeder Arm as an alternative to the Hadcock and the Graham. Since I am exploring unusual options, I thought it might make an interesting thread. So, I will start a thread on the Schroeder Model 2 arm, its compatibility with the Technics, and its compatibility with the Ortofon 2M Black.
I think that Audiofeil has answered the question for all of us. There were also posts where earlier models (how early? Don't know- but it could be anywhere within the three decades that these arms have been made) drifting from there settings. With a little further research, apparently there were rubber 'thingos' that had perished over time. Once replaced, the units performed to spec once again.
I generally don't comment on products in my line but wanted to address a concern posted earlier.

During George Hadcock's lengthy illness (he passed away last year) there was an occasional problem in worksmanship. He was a very proud man and refused to excuse himself from the business despite being very sick.

Anyway, to make a short story long, his son Charles is now running the business. He oversees the operation and as one posted indicates, every tonearm is hand built. There is no assembly line or automated procedures. As such, slight variations can occur.

Dealer disclaimer.
Hi Dsa, just curious where you found poor workmanship issues with Hadcocks. I just bought and installed a 228 on my Basis table and the workmanship on my arm is very high quality with high quality parts. They are hand assembled so there could be very slight variations arm to arm. It has also been a fabulous performer.
Hi Tvad,
It seems as if I will need to be a pioneer and document my journey, eh?

Trawling the net on the Hadcock has yielded information regarding workmanship/quality issues. Some of these concerns relate to the arm's adjustments 'drifting' due to poor workmanship or design issues.

I believe Tvad is not alone in wanting to use a (more?) high-end arm on the Technics. Like myself, what concerns Tvad is the implementation of the alternate arm. Since I now want a unipivot, the Origin Live Silver/Rega (which can be mounted on a Technics TT quite easily) is off the menu.

I'm also still thinking about a Graham 1.5 or later. I don't think these arms had problems- they are built like the Technics TTs- ie like tanks!

See my new thread for the Unipivot discussion.
Post removed 
Hello Tvad, I'll respond to your last comments first.

I was looking at the Origin Live mounting plates but a friend gave me an example of another brand (enabling one to fit a Rega to the Technics). I haven't owned the Origin Live example. But the one that UK firm Sound Supports sell on E-bay (and the one I own- ebay item number #190222646644) is very well made.

Yes, I have been told that there is a colette that can be bought that turns a Rega hole into a Hadcock hole. However, Sound Supports said that they can make a plate for the Technics so I can mount the Hadcock 228- no need for an adapter. That way, the geometry for the 228 would be right from the start.

The million dollar questions are
(1) If fitted to the Technics, would the 228 (and for that matter the 242) have enough clearance for the lid and the other bits of the TT. and,
(2) Would, even with the correct Sound Supports plate, the longer 242 arm be able to fitted far enough back on the turntable for its geometry to be correct.

I've got a feeling there simply isn't enough available real-estate on the Technics plinth to mount the 242 correctly. I have some pics of the UK plate (the one I own) that mounts a Rega on the Technics, but I don't know how to attach them to this thread. Cheers, Dean.
Post removed 
The specs for the 242 Hadcock I posted originally are wrong, the correct specs for the longer arm are listed below:

Overall Length 12.0" (304.8mm)
Pivot to Stylus Point 9.6" (243.8mm)
Pivot To Centre of Turntable 8.9" (226.0mm)
Offset Angle 23°
Rear Overhang 2.40" (62mm) maximum
Cartridge Mass 3 - 12g