H.H. Scott 222C: repair?

I picked up this amp for $40 a few years ago. I replaced some resistors and the output tubes, which got it working for a couple of months. Then some capacitors failed, which I paid a proffesional to fix (~$200). I enjoyed the amp for another two years.
Last year, it began sounding distorted. Then, I turned it on again, and with a flash, it died. (I am now using a Mission Cyrus 2)

I'm wondering how I should get it repaired. The telefunken pre-tubes are th only original tubes left on it, but I do have the wooden case and this model has the brass knobs. I'd like to add better binding posts and RCA sockets, but I don't know if that is possible. Would this devalue the amp considerably, or is that a non-issue, now that some caps and resistors have been replaced with modern varieties?

thanks, Nate
128x128popluhv

Showing 1 response by kallefornia

The HH Scott site (www.hhscott.com ) has a wealth of info in it, that's how I gained knowledge about my old tuner. That's also where I found Craig Ostby aka NOSValves. He is currently working on my Scott tuner, so don't feel like you're the only one out there that likes old gear, there are resorces to keep it going. Cheers